Career Benefits of Personal Reflection
As the saying goes, out with the old and in with the new! As 2017 comes to a close, it’s time to reflect on all that you have been through this year. What can you learn from your experiences? You may have excelled in some areas and failed in others. These achievements and setbacks are worth recognizing to bring awareness of how you can improve in 2018. Take time out of your busy schedule to meditate over the following questions. As you answer each question, write down your responses on a piece of paper or start a journal. You may see profound change as you look back on these answers in the coming years.
- What did I learn? (skills, knowledge, awareness, etc.)
- What did I accomplish? A list of my wins and achievements.
- What would I have done differently? Why?
- What did I complete or release? What still feels incomplete to me?
- What were the most significant events of the year past? List the top three.
- What did I do right? What do I feel especially good about? What was my greatest contribution?
- What were the fun things I did? What were the not-so-fun?
- What were my biggest challenges/roadblocks/difficulties?
- How am I different this year from last?
- For what am I particularly grateful?