We are currently seeking a Survey Technician in their Fort Collins, CO office location. This is an ideal position for a qualified candidate with two to four (2-4) years of experience with the ability to work independently and as part of a survey crew.
On any given day, you'll:
- Perform a variety of field/office surveying and mapping tasks.
- Use survey field equipment such as GPS/GNSS, robotic total stations, and Microstation/Civil 3D CADD platforms.
- Assist and communicate with crew chiefs, technicians, and project managers in support of their duties as well as Professional Land Surveyors in preparation of land surveying documents.
- Adhere to OSHA and required safety practices.
- Overtime and occasional out-of-town and overnight travel are anticipated.
- A two-year degree in Land Surveying or Civil Engineering Technology or a four-year degree in Land Surveying.
- Two to four years of relevant work experience.
- Technically sound in the use of survey equipment and software.
- Self-starter who can work independently and who can adapt to working in a team setting.
- Physical ability to walk over uneven terrain and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- 2 or more years of relevant experience within the following surveying services:
- Design surveys, including transportation, utility, municipal, and site development.
- Geospatial control and LiDAR QA/QC.
- Construction layout for transportation, utility, building, and municipal projects.
- Land surveys, including ALTA and WisDOT right-of-way plats.
- Experience with Trimble survey equipment and software.
- Experience with Civil3D/AutoCAD and Microstation.
- Ability to keep thorough notes and perform necessary survey calculations.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and project managers.
- Ability to accurately read and interpret construction drawings.
- Interest in obtaining UAS Part 107 certification.
- Interest in operating HD Terrestrial Scanning Equipment and processing point cloud data.
- Interest in pursuing Wisconsin Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) license.
- Motivated individuals interested in career growth.