We are currently seeking a Survey Project Manager to work in our client's Raleigh, NC office. They are looking for someone who is passionate about the survey profession, has a strong technical ability, and has the leadership capabilities to obtain new and repeat work. We are looking for an enthusiastic self-starter who is ready to build a land survey presence in North Carolina. As a team member of the land survey department, you will be encouraged to lead and work on a variety of survey functions that allow you to build a team, and your career.
- Develop scopes, cost estimates, and proposals.
- Have direct input on the development of the North Carolina survey team.
- Network and develop relationships with internal and external clients, and others in your industry.
- Support survey technicians through all aspects of the project.
- Perform QA/QC on survey projects.
- Adhere to OSHA and required safety practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Land Surveying or related field.
- Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) in North Carolina.
- 3-5 years of project management experience.
- 5 -10 years of diverse field/office experience in survey, performing topographic surveys, construction staking, boundary surveys, right-of-way plats, and control surveys.
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D, Trimble Business Center, and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to walk over uneven terrain and lift up to 50 lbs.
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Proven ability to monitor project budgets to a successful outcome, oversee project teams, and meet client expectations, schedule, scope, etc.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well in team environments.
- Familiar with NCDOT practices and requirements.
- Ability to take direction from numerous individuals, and channel strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to recognize and embrace new geospatial technologies.
- Desire and ability to become a licensed PLS in multiple states outside of North Carolina.
- Ability to conduct effective client presentations.