Wilson & Company, Inc., Engineers & Architects is currently seeking a Senior Professional Surveyor to manage our Surveying Operation in Phoenix, AZ. This position will have a focus on marketing, business development, and sales to support the growth of Wilson & Company’s existing surveying practice in the Arizona market. This position will also be responsible for the business operations as it pertains to the Arizona survey operation. This includes hiring and managing staff resources, ensuring revenue and profitability targets, and ensuring that our projects are executed with a high level of quality and technical excellence. The ideal candidate should be an experienced technical leader, project and personnel manager with a strong surveying background, and proven history of fostering relationships in the Arizona surveying market.
- Directs daily activities of the survey field crews and office staff. Ensures staff and resources are prioritized and aligned to meet the business requirements.
- Develop new survey business in the region.
- Preparation of survey scope, fees, and schedules in accordance with client requests.
- Establishes and maintains an effective staff through performance appraisals, staffing, and developing technical competence.
- Demonstrates sound surveying principles and a structured analytical approach to problem-solving.
- Provides technical guidance, training, and support to their team.
- Maintains strong and proactive relationships with all functional areas in surveying to deliver optimal product solutions to the customer.
- Collaborates with other engineering managers to effectively grow the office.
- Effective communication skills - both verbal and written.
- A broad understanding of surveying principles is required.
- Skilled in project management, managing technical professionals, and demonstrated ability to lead and direct multiple concurrent projects.
- Experience with GPS collection and post-processing, terrestrial high-definition scanning, and post-processing,
- 10 years of experience in surveying, an advanced degree in surveying preferred.
- A Professional Surveyor licensed in the state of Arizona, or the ability to obtain within 12 months is preferred.
- The candidate must have established & proven client relationships.
- Experience that demonstrates successful management and financial responsibility of the surveying business.
- Excellence in managing project pursuits, preparing proposals, and working with marketing staff.
- The ability to attract and recruit high-end talent to Wilson & Company with the ability to retain, develop, and promote.
- Ensure quality management with implementation of quality control standards.
- Occasional travel is required.
Submit your resume now, or apply directly from the link below!