We believe in the power of design to enable decision-makers to solve the world’s toughest problems. We work with partners that place a strong emphasis on user-focused development and thoughtful UI/UX. As a result, we spend our time on interesting design challenges that often explore modes of interaction that have no precedent such as human + AI co-mapping and designing new modes to find and access satellite data.
- Facilitate and conduct mentorship amongst the design team.
- Promote quality of designs across multiple projects through design reviews and documentation.
- Ensure that brand and quality standards are met.
- Build and identify future design team needs.
- Represent and advocate for design team needs across projects and teams.
- Own design elements within the proposal process, conveying our product design process to potential partners.
- Streamline and standardize the product design lifecycle and deliveries.
- Encourage and promote UX and design thinking within delivery teams.
- Engage directly with users to understand their needs, and strive to understand how your work impacts them through user-testing.
- Articulate your design vision to project partners and project team members.
- Translate use cases into a clear direction through UX deliverables such as user stories, sketches, wireframes, and style guides that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Create cohesive style guides and ensure that a consistent design language is applied across products.
- Write clean HTML and CSS, and understand the importance of semantic, accessible markup.
- Give and solicit critiques from other designers in order to improve your craft.
- Continually challenge yourself to pick up new tools and workflows.
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills.
- Can model effective collaboration with designers other developers.
- Knowledgeable about Design Thinking, Human-Centered Design, and working in an agile/lean UX environment.
- Proficiency in both design and prototyping tools
- Strong background creating research artifacts, such as user personas, journey maps, and scenario studies.
Ideal Candidates will have 5+ years of experience in:
- Designing user interfaces
- Design team leadership
- Current UI/UX best practices
- HTML and CSS
- Design tools, such as Figma, Sketch, and Invision
- Information design, hierarchy, and data visualization