Our client is seeking a civil engineer to join their team in Sacramento, California. They leverage remote sensing, GIS, engineering, and advanced modeling tools to tackle their clients’ challenges in agriculture, air quality, soil remediation, groundwater quality, dust control, water quality, and crop/nutrient management. They are looking for someone passionate about design, analysis, and multi-disciplinary creative solutions and who has extensive experience solving client challenges.
- Degree in Civil, Water Resource, or Agricultural Engineering (or related engineering field)
- California PE certification in civil engineering
- Demonstrated experience as an engineer in responsible charge of design work, including design development, signing, and sealing of contract documents (including, but not limited to, drawings, specifications, calculations, reports, and other design-related documents)
- Experience completing reports, and documents for multiple projects of various types
- 10+ years of hands-on technical experience as a civil engineer working in the American West.
- Demonstrated strong writing skills and creative/innovative problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of applicable environmental regulations and permitting processes as well as experience in complying with such regulations
- Independent implementation of plans to meet project objectives under direction from Project Managers • Ability to contribute to team-oriented, multi-disciplined project delivery and problem-solving (both in the office and field)
- Effective organization and excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple project assignments while maintaining flexibility to meet deadlines
- Strong commitment to scientific/engineering integrity, quality, and following established quality assurance and quality control protocols
- Strong commitment to safety and following established health and safety protocols.
Required Technical Experience:
- Irrigation conveyance design that may include intake/control/diversion structures, pump stations, siphons, open channels, and piped transmission/distribution systems. Familiarity with ongoing operations and maintenance requirements, including lifecycle cost estimation, a plus.
- Grading analysis, site access, and earthwork design
- Experience with sustainable groundwater resource development, including production well design, development, and construction to support agricultural operations
- Comfortable both directing as well as performing the following: development of a schematic design and performing appropriate analysis to develop a final design including construction drawing and specification development, schedule development, performing material takeoffs, cost estimation development as well as drafting in AutoCAD Civil 3D.
Preferred Technical Experience:
- Basic agricultural irrigation design that may include border-check, drip, center pivot, and other common irrigation practices
- Irrigation scheduling and automation tools • Surface and subsurface drainage design including design of open channels, culverts, erosion and sediment control features, channel stabilization, and stormwater detention facilities as well as preparation of drainage plans and reports