Our client is currently seeking a full-time, Remote Sensing Scientist to join their rapidly growing team in the Sacramento, CA office. The company leverages remote sensing, GIS, big data, and advanced modeling tools to tackle their client’s problems in agriculture, water quality, crop/nutrient management, air quality, vegetation management, soil remediation, and dust control. They are looking for individuals who are passionate about designing, evaluating, and implementing remotely sensed data processing and analysis solutions that solve our client’s challenges.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Work collaboratively with other scientists, engineers, and analysts as well as our teaming partners to deliver successful projects on time and on-budget
- Research, design, and implement advanced processing and analysis solutions that utilize remotely sensed data (e.g., airborne/satellite imagery) and advanced analytics to inform physically based, scientific models, preferably in the utility industry.
The ideal candidate will possess the following traits:
- Master’s degree in geospatial, environmental sciences, computer sciences, statistics, engineering, or another related field
- 0 to 3 years of related geospatial experience. This includes data collection, calibration, manipulation, processing, analysis, and classification
- Experience with data processing and remote sensing software packages like ENVI, ERDAS, ESRI, or opens source tools: GRASS, QGIS, SAGA
- Experience with scientific computing and numerical solver libraries like Numpy, SciPy, Eigen, and Ceres
- Experience with geospatial software libraries like GDAL, PDAL, PCL, Proj.4, OSSIM, and NITRO • Knowledge in statistical analysis and modeling using R, Matlab, and Python
- Expert in machine learning software like Random Forests, CART, ski-kit, TensorFlow, or similar
- Experience in the development and implementation of algorithms (Scripts/Models/Macros) in multiple software platforms.
- Strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, able to work independently, and effectively interact with managers, scientists, attorneys, and administrative staff.