This position will require completing all aspects of 3D building documentation from field data collection to developing point cloud deliverables. Duties will include processing point clouds collected by terrestrial 3D laser scanning and high-tech mobile mapping systems. Projects will consist of building interiors & exteriors, factories, mechanical rooms, and similar infrastructure to develop existing conditions as-built 3D deliverables. Works collaboratively with Project Management to ensure client deliverables meet specifications and are completed to the highest level of detail and accuracy according to company-defined quality standards.
- Reviews and manages the Project Scope to ensure the what and why are met, as well as billable hours, budgets and other client goals are achieved.
- Prepares travel and assets for the trip based on the project scope and arrives early to ensure a successful event
- at the client's location.
- Arranges meetings and meets with clients to get an overview of the building(s) and to review the project for clear expectations on both sides
- Documents and maintains good notes on the project to track a successful process and clearly communicates back to the team as needed to ensure clarity, excellence, and redirection on tasks that need to be completed.
- Manages and documents the pictures/video scans of the building(s) based on the scope of the project and follows up on the process with the onsite team to ensure the work is done well.
- Reviews the recordings in-process and ensures the team is recording, saving, and downloading the picture/video scans accurately for the office team to start the next steps.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following Engineering or STEM disciplines; Land Surveying & Mapping, Construction Management, Building Information Modeling (BIM), Civil, Mechanical or Geographic Information Systems (GIS), or similar STEM field; or will consider someone with an Associate’s Applied Science Degree or relatable experience in Land Surveying.
- 1+ years of 3D laser scanning preferred; will consider entry-level candidates that have field data collection experience and high technical acumen.
- Solid technology skills with experience or education in 3D laser scanning and lidar
- Solid Microsoft skillsets; familiar with FARO Scene and Leica Cyclone tools would be a plus; Autodesk ReCap knowledge is also helpful.
- Solid verbal and basic written communication skills to work with the team and clients.
- Customer-focused; professional, responsible, mature, polite, and kind; can work independently, with teams, and lead at the client sites and business locations; high attention to quality and safety.