Our client is an international organization who focused on solving hard social and environmental problems with open data and open technology. We specialize in building tools that derive useful insights from complex data. To do that we bring some of the world's best engineers, machine learning experts, data scientists, and designers to every product. These data products analyze massive streaming datasets to help groups like NASA, UNICEF, and the Washington Post to analyze and respond to hurricanes, refugee crises, and elections.
You will coordinate the process of designing and delivering data products in emerging problem spaces like AI, Climate Science, Open Science on the Cloud, Green Energy, Satellites and Space, and Sustainable Agriculture. You will focus our highly talented engineering and design teams on building products that solve the right problem for our clients and users. Through each engagement you will help us learn; to improve our understanding of how data and insights can deliver outcomes, and improve our practice of “engineering impact”.
As a Product Owner, you:
• Collaborate with our partners and clients to design and evolve our product vision and strategy. Drive products and features from concept to successful launch.
• Support our designers and developers to produce meaningful data products. Provide them with the context that allows them to execute well.
• Lead product learning and evaluation to inform future product development and to improve our craft.
• You have an established background in launching software or services in partnership with designers and developers. You may have done this in a client services environment, or as part of a product organization with a small engineering team. In addition, you have:
• A high degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, and understanding of agile principles.
• Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills.
• Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills and capacity to synthesize.
• Able to keep an eye on the prize and effectively manage conflicting stakeholder needs.
• Proven track record of delivering data-driven solutions with a user-first mindset.
As a valued team member, you:
Collaborate — Working as a team makes us stronger than any individual developer. You write clear Github tickets and communicate effectively on Slack and in person.
Learn — We constantly evolve our technology stack and techniques to deliver the best work to our partners. You don’t need to know any particular language or framework upfront but you need to demonstrate you’re able and excited to learn new ways to build.
Care about the world and believe that we can do better — Social change is the foundation of everything we do. You are impatient about solving the world’s toughest challenges.
Not sure you tick all the boxes? We encourage you to apply. We have a culture of learning, and if this job description sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you.