The Software Developer II develops and supports customized remote sensing-based production applications, web applications, and scripting solutions. Responsibilities include architecting, developing procedures, developing scripts to facilitate the production, display, editing, storage, and sale of geospatial data. Additional duties include testing, documenting, and maintaining software applications.
- Analyzes, designs, implements, tests, documents, and maintains software applications.
- Evaluates software requests for feasibility, level of effort, and compatibility with existing systems.
- Consults with internal and external customers to provide technical assistance and gather requirements.
- Deploys and maintains web applications.
- Evaluates and integrates potential third-party libraries and controls for usability.
- Reviews and modifies source code from other developers.
- Develops new software engineering skills as required for projects.
- Supports and maintains documentation of software processes.
- Possess and understand Agile development methodologies and the role of testing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree in computer science, geospatial sciences, or related field or equivalent experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5 years of software engineering experience.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with deploying web applications in a production environment using tools such as Nginx or Apache. IIS experience is a plus.
- Experience with at least one other development framework. Java is a plus.
- Working knowledge and experience with jQuery and Backbone.js (or similar framework)
- Experience with relational databases, such as PostgreSQL and SQL Server 2008.
- Design, develop, test, and implement REST APIs for use in software applications.
- GitHub usage experience
- Cloud Experience (GCP/AWS)
- SQL/NoSQL experience (MongoDB, MYSQL, SQL Server, etc.)
- Data Science experience and/or geometry background.