GeoSearch is seeking a GIS Web Application Analyst to work directly with federal government clients to support GIS and remote sensing infrastructure, focusing on developing geospatial and non-geospatial Python based tools, building and maintaining geoprocessing services and building and maintaining web GIS tools and applications, as our client transitions to the next generation of tools and software.
- Assist in the implementation of client’s ArcGIS Online for Organization.
- Develop and publish ArcGIS Online App Templates and Web-App Builder.
- Develop, configure, and update sites, workflows, and report/print templates for Geocortex® Essentials. (including the VertiGIS Studio® products suite, formerly known as Geocortex)
- Build and deploy mobile-friendly web-based applications for various uses, including data display or field-focused data collection.
- Manage data in a web environment (e.g., AGOL) (including Portal and on-premises).
- Participate in acceptance testing for new releases or patches of GIS-related products.
- Assist in preparing test reports, version description documents, technical white papers, market research reports, and similar documents. (focus is on testing and version documentation)
- Help client users’ with technical problems using geospatial software. (emphasis on web environment)
- Support the current deployed geospatial software products and all future releases.
- Troubleshoot geospatial software issues to ensure full functionality
- Develop geospatial-specific scripts and models used for automation of geospatial processes.
- Develop Python tools and model builder models. (emphasis on support for web delivery of content)
- Test scripts and perform bug fixes.
- Provide simple and intuitive tools and solutions to meet the needs of client’s programs and end-users.
- Perform computerized mapping and digital data conversion, manipulation, and analysis. (emphasis on web mapping and data conversion in support of web mapping)
- Develop, configure, and update geospatial modeling and analysis routines.
- Work with various geospatial datasets from sources within and external to the federal government.
- Apply geospatial technologies to address natural resource and land management business requirements.
- Cartographic design tasks
- Create both hard copy and digital cartographic products. (emphasis on digital delivery and hard copy products from web environment)
- Produce publication-quality cartographic products. (emphasis on digital and interactive delivery)
- Data management tasks
- The contractor will provide support to ensure that sites, workflows, forms, reports, and their associated documentation
- Professional experience and expertise working with ESRI's ArcGIS Desktop 10.x and ArcGIS Pro software environments.
- Professional experience and expertise working with ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Online, Portal, and REST API Map Services.
- Professional experience programming within ESRI suite of software with geospatial SQL queries, and Python, utilizing a variety of Python modules, including non-GIS Python modules.
- Professional experience building and maintaining web map viewers and tools using ESRI Web AppBuilder and the VertiGIS Studio products suite, formerly known as Geocortex.
- Professional experience performing geospatial analysis and creating GIS workflows in ESRI desktop software environments.
- Professional experience and demonstrated technical writing skills for documents such as user guides, metadata, and training materials.
- Professional experience working with natural resource geospatial data, such as timber harvest units, vegetation treatments, hydrography, grazing, minerals, realty, and species data.
- Professional experience providing direct user support on using geospatial applications and customizations.
- Professional knowledge of the following:
- Cartographic design concepts and standards for interactive digital maps.
- Designing data input forms and out reports to specific format requirements.
- Technical problem-solving skills related to ESRI's geospatial software for GIS Desktop and Web GIS solutions.
- Converting business needs into geospatial process workflows or data standards.