Individuals in this role are responsible for producing high-quality geographic and demographic materials that would be leveraged for marketing and market analysis purposes. Works on assignments that are larger and more complex in nature, more effectively, and with high quality. Demonstrates strong understanding of products being developed and shows moderate knowledge of complex methods. This role is learning the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures and assisting other GIS staff within the commercial real estate industry. Learning to work with large data sets for analysis of geospatial information, with limited manager direction and review. May specialize in the Spatial Data space. In this niche, the individual assists Analysts/Specialists to implement best practices for spatial data management which includes: metadata standards, data storage, and management, data update strategies, and quality assurance (QA/quality control (QC) policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produces high-quality map-based deliverables leveraging ESRI suite, with a heavy focus on paper/static maps.
- Uses third-party, non-traditional mapping platforms (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite) to produce best-in-class aesthetic deliverables.
- Supports any mapping workload overflow for the GIS team.
- Obtains and maintains accurate market data (e.g., existing/proposed locations of office buildings, malls, shopping centers, retailers) and takes initiative to research new data on a consistent basis.
- Performs quality assurance and routine diagnostics on data and databases.
- Consults with sales professionals to define project requirements, determine project scope, and align on deliverables.
- Logs and prioritizes work assignments using the company's proprietary web-based map ordering and workflow management system.
- Maintains map library of commonly used maps and deliverables for dedicated regions.
- Responsible for keeping up-to-date with continuing internal training and educational assignments geared towards advanced GIS analysis.
- Serve as the internal Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for a particular team or market, with oversight from the GIS Manager.
- Leverages quality assurance checklists to ensure static map project standards are adhered to.
- May maintain, update, and interact with databases containing geospatial data from multiple sources for commercial real estate analysis.
- May archive, catalog, and annotate datasets according to department standards to build a common library of materials for use by the GIS team.
- May assist the Analysts/Specialists to determine the definitions of fields for extraction and the organization and storage of input data.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 1 - 3 years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience (equivalent work experience = 1 year of experience for every 2 years of higher-level education).
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography or a related degree is preferred.
- At least 1-3 years of experience working with GIS Technology is required.
- Relevant experience integrating enterprise databases with GIS technology is also preferred.
- For those specializing in Spatial Data, database design and management skills are preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable, and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages.
- Conducts basic financial analysis.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Requires basic to intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
- Demonstrates the ability to take on multiple assignments while maintaining efficiencies and quality.
- Proficiency in ArcGIS Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications required.
- Knowledge of GIS terms and definitions is required. Knowledge of CRE preferred and the ability to work with mathematical concepts and apply operations such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations is preferred.