Th GIS Team lead mentors GIS Technicians and Analysts within their team or group, and facilitates communication among other GIS Team Leads. Emphasizes education, communication, and marketing capabilities as well as provides analytical support to both internal and external clients. Produces a variety of quality geographic and demographic materials for marketing purposes. Uses Geographic Information Systems (GIS) fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures proficiently to accomplish analytical work. Coordinates and supports large projects with the GIS Manager, when applicable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Consults with sales professionals to define mapping project requirements, investigating various approaches to attainment of end results.
- Develops advanced specialized maps, utilizing both geographic and demographic information.
- Oversees the activities of GIS Technician/Analyst including Schedule mapping jobs for production, assigns or delegates jobs to GIS Technicians/Analysts, provides and/or delegates back-up assistance as needed, and maintains a work log of all mapping jobs using the Mapping Order System, and assures compliance with company quality and branding standards.
- Ensures that team members understand and adhere to guidelines and expectations of the GIS Technician/Analyst job descriptions, acting as a liaison between team members and management.
- Assists mappers with geocoding large international/national locations to position the location with real-world coordinates.
- Assists Mapping Center GIS Manager and Training Specialist with training and communications efforts, and project coordination
- Educates internal and external clients about GIS capabilities and resources; seeks end-user/customer input regarding additional geographic services and enhancements to existing services and processes.
- Extracts demographic information from various databases for use in maps or reports
- Advises sales professionals and management regarding demographic and geographic information available.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university with a major or minor in Geography or related field; or Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, with training in GIS technology. Requires 5 - 7 years of experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable, and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions.
- Conduct advanced financial analysis.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts and apply operations such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Advanced proficiency in MapInfo Professional (or similar application), word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications required.
- Knowledge of GIS terms and definitions, real estate terms and definitions, real estate analytical methods required.
- Proficiency in MapInfo or Atlas GIS and GIS-related technologies required.
NOTE: An additional requirement for this role is the ability to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including COVID-19 vaccination proof and/or rigorous testing.