We are seeking GIS Specialists to join our global commercial real estate client on a full-time basis. Skills within retail analytics, site selection, real estate, or related GIS experience is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops specialized, web-based, and static print, location intelligence deliverables, using a combination of analytic, programming, data management, and graphic design skills. Researches and obtains accurate market data for Retail.
- Works with the Retail Analytics team to create and deliver customized services and reports for our paid services.
- Uses insights and experience gained through working with our clients to collaborate with GIS Specialist 2 and Management to continually evolve current retail-focused commercial real estate products as well as innovate the next generation of deliverables.
- Assists with the design and implementation of tools, templates, and workflows for scalable use of products by GIS production staff.
- Serves as a formal mentor for a team of GIS Professionals. Displays mastery in their respective GIS-related discipline while also having proficiency in all other aspects of Location Intelligence.
- Speaks to and sells Location Intelligence stories and solutions directly to clients. Crafts solutions for client challenges by weighing all factors to produce the highest quality deliverable weighed against time constraints and advises a course of action that balances these opposing forces. This may include participation in sales pitches or web-based demos.
- Manages quality assurance for projects of advanced levels of difficulty. Automates standardized processes to improve team efficiency. Troubleshoots system errors and inefficiencies through general GIS and analytical processes.
- Consults with account and project management professionals along with all involved parties to define project requirements, investigate various approaches, and define specialized outcomes to deliver exceptional deliverables.
- May focus on identifying new sources of geospatial data, both local and national. Creates best-in-class workflows on the usage of these datasets, and is responsible for testing and evaluating the new data sources. Serves as a resource to others in explaining approaches to data management and extraction.
- May be responsible for the ongoing updates of vendor GIS application data feeds. Focuses on how to simplify and continuously improve on extraction processes so the team may work more efficiently/effectively.
- Supports the implementation and messaging of specific Retail Analytics products, as well as provides technical assistance in creating training documentation and end-user resources.
- May maintain, manage and update the GIS team Data Library, and helps to resolve emerging problems on different projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 6+ years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree in Geography or a related degree is preferred.
- At least 5+ years of experience working with GIS Technology is required.
- Relevant experience integrating enterprise databases with GIS technology may also be preferred.
- Geographic Information Systems Professional (GISP) or related certifications preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable, and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
- Requires intermediate knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages. Advanced understanding of statistics is helpful.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
- Ability to manage a heavy workload focused on a single line of business or area of focus. In this role, you can juggle and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines at once.
- Mastery in the ArcGIS Suite, the Adobe Creative Suite, and/or the specific software required for their team and/or area of focus.
- Familiarity with using large datasets, database design, and tools to manipulate them (Python, R, SQL)
- Ability to author Esri Python toolboxes as Python site-packages.
- Knowledge of CRE preferred and the ability to work with complex mathematical concepts and apply operations such as linear and regression formulas and other standardized industry modeling concepts is preferred.
NOTE: An additional requirement for this role is the ability to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including COVID-19 vaccination proof and/or rigorous testing.