The Retail GIS Solutions Consultant for the Ohio Valley acts as the strategic consultant and liaison between Retail professionals and GIS to determine business needs and recommend and execute solutions to drive business value by utilizing department tools for pitches, presentations, and transaction management support. This role leverages in-depth consulting skills and business knowledge to develop strategic roadmaps and to define and implement solutions that meet business objectives and support revenue growth. The right candidate acts as a strategic consultant for sales professionals and/or clients who require expertise and/or assistance with the adoption, creation, and use of Location Intelligence platforms and solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as a visionary for Retail and their Location Intelligence solutions. Works with sales professionals to identify opportunities for Location Intelligence support to create or evolve deliverables to effectively support the business.
- Acts as the single point of contact (SPOC) and champion for Location Intelligence projects for retail services.
- Develops location intelligence deliverables, both traditional and web-based, using a combination of geospatial, analytic, and graphic design skills.
- Builds close relationships with internal clients to advise on customer deliverables to better address their needs and provide advancements to products and services.
- Proactively questions normal workflows, obtains feedback from clients & customers, and pushes the boundaries of standard practice with the purpose of evolving and improving the Location Intelligence platform.
- Serves as an advisor to the business and provides direction for optimal collaboration across Shared Services (i.e. Research, Marketing, Client Services, and Location Intelligence).
- Influences and informs Leadership in understanding Location Intelligence and can articulate how GIS data is used and applied within the Commercial Real Estate space.
- Works with Location Intelligence leadership to track platform adoption rate and revenues impacted by the won business.
- Attends, and may present location stories on pitch kick-off calls with sales professionals and/or clients.
- Dotted-line reporting to local managing directors
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) or equivalent from four-year college or university in Geography or a related field, plus a minimum of 5+ years related work experience to include GIS Technology; or equivalent combination of education and experience (equivalent work experience = 1 year of experience for every 2 years of higher-level education).
- Master's Degree is preferred.
- Has extensive experience and in-depth knowledge of the GIS space (ArcGIS preferred). Sales experience required
- Geographic Information Systems Professional (GISP) or related certifications as well as Commercial Real Estate experience preferred.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret business documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
- Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches, and articles when required.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to internal and external audiences.
- Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate complex figures. Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex site selection analysis incorporating spatial analysis output.
- Ability to consider spatial-related solutions. Have an executive presence. Understand HIPAA and other privacy/confidentiality level requirements for projects among sales teams.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations involving complex analytical data sets via GIS deliverables to employees and clients.
- Ability to motivate and have a high level of customer service.
NOTE: An additional requirement for this role is the ability to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including COVID-19 vaccination proof and/or rigorous testing.