As a member of the Business Development Team, you will work collaboratively to develop business and sell services to State, County and Municipal entities nationwide. You will be responsible for supporting the development and execution of strategies that meet our business development objectives for new, untapped entities while maintaining current client relationships. When executing these strategies, you will utilize your professional network and experience to research and identify new geospatial business opportunities, walk the opportunity through the sales process, initiate bids on those projects, and secure new contracts. In addition, the role requires calling on current or known clients to develop future business. This is a senior-level position that requires demonstrated experience in closing sales.
Identify, track, and pursue business opportunities that lead to new clients and increased sales
Achieve results. The position requires a high level of independence, dedication and follow-through to manage multiple prospects and continuously work the project through the sales process to a successful closing.
Support business development activities including, but not limited to, representing the company in client meetings, trade shows and conferences, and by fostering the development of long-term relationships with new and sustained clients, as well as partner companies.
Build and sustain positive and effective working relationships with co-workers and clients during all phases of project lifecycles to ensure contracts are executed in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws, client requirements, and sound business judgment.
Support proposal development by contributing to technical writing / editing as necessary and by analyzing RFP / RFI requirements to ensure the submittal of responses are both compliant and timely.
Promote and ensure client satisfaction on all assigned sales accounts.
· Knowledge / experience with the pre-sales process, researching, prospecting, and related management, focusing primarily on State, County and Municipal entities
· Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, or geospatial-related degree
· 10+ years selling geospatial products, particularly in state, county and municipal segments
· Prior experience as a key growth influencer / driver in high-growth professional geospatial solutions
· Ability to think strategically with a keen ability to move the sales process forward
· Outstanding communication skills, presence, and energy
· Compelling presentation skills
· Willingness to travel and work extended hours
· Knowledge / experience with geospatial data or technology solutions
· Familiarity with geospatial software applications with the ability to present high-level product solutions
· Demonstrated experience developing new geospatial data products and services business