GeoSearch is actively seeking a Roadway Project Engineer. This position is available in Orlando, Tampa, and Miami, FL.
- Hydrologic and hydraulic analysis of conveyance systems, analysis and design of cross drains, design of stormwater management facilities, floodplain compensation analysis, bridge hydraulics, and scour calculations
- Design and inspection of best management practices for erosion and sediment control
- Prepare technical documents including drainage reports, pond siting reports, bridge hydraulics reports, and permitting documents
- Prepare construction plans consistent with FDOT standards
- Use interpersonal skills to coordinate with other disciplines and proactively resolve potential design conflicts and concerns
- Use problem-solving skills to propose innovative design solutions and/or approaches.
- Grow a professional network by attending meetings with clients and/or agencies.
- Assist with project pursuits (LOR, ELOR, Technical Proposals, Presentations, Manhours, etc)
- BS degree in Civil Engineering
- 4-10 years experience in highway drainage design and plan production
- Proficiency in hydrology & hydraulic analysis, design of flood control/storm-water management facilities, drainage and erosion control design
- Florida PE required
- Proficient with MicroStation and stormwater design tools such as SUDA, Geopak Drainage, PONDS, ICPR, FlowMaster, StormCAD, HY-8, and HEC-RAS
- Well-versed in FDOT design standards and criteria related to both drainage design and plans production; able to interpret and apply technical information contained in procedures and manuals to accomplish the design process for assigned projects
- Ability to work effectively with an interdisciplinary team to meet challenging design and schedule requirements
- Strong technical writing and communication skills
- Knowledge of ERP permitting requirements with water management districts throughout the state