Our client is currently looking for an experienced Account Manager who is passionate about leveraging state-of-the-art technologies to provide value to our clients. As a member of the Commercial Sales team, you will grow and manage a portfolio of accounts where you will be working collaboratively as a trusted advisor to develop new business opportunities. As part of the account team, you will be responsible for developing and executing strategic growth plans within your accounts to meet and exceed revenue targets. You will utilize your professional experience and network to develop and grow your client portfolio with a focus on Investor-Owned Utility accounts.
- Leverage your existing network and establish new contacts within the Utility sector focused on decision-makers to develop business focused on geospatial/remote sensing services within that network.
- Win new clients by identifying key target accounts in the assigned territory who have a need for geospatial & remote sensing solutions, and prospect and develop capture plans that result in opportunities to contract/partner with those clients.
- Clearly articulate the strength and value proposition of the company.
- Develop and maintain a healthy pipeline of opportunities for business growth.
- Demonstrate a thoughtful understanding of insightful industry knowledge and how geospatial and remote sensing technologies apply to initiatives and trends.
- Understand the key business drivers within an organization and identify key business stakeholders.
- Understand the client’s budgeting and acquisition processes.
- Successfully develop and execute a process for new lead generation including the development of directed campaigns.
- Collaborate with Marketing, the Pre-Sales team, peer Account Managers, Sales Leadership, Acquisition, Production, Finance, and the Innovations & Software Teams to ensure the process drives measurable growth toward strategic objectives.
- Work closely with portfolio/program managers regarding products and develop an understanding of internal processes/factors/challenges to establish client scope and deadlines
- Successfully execute the sales process for all opportunities
- Participate in trade shows, workshops, and seminars (as required)
- Be resourceful and take initiative to resolve issues
- Maintain leads and opportunities in CRM (Salesforce)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Domain experience in Energy and/or Electric Utility markets.
- Experience in a sales or customer-facing role selling technology services and/or software products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills
- Willingness to travel and work extended hours
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, engineering, or a geospatial field (e.g., remote sensing, GIS, photogrammetry, etc.)
- Three or more years of sales and/or technical pre-sales experience providing geospatial data or technology solutions to clients or other types of sales to the Commercial and Private sectors.
- Understanding of remote sensing data acquisition technologies, enterprise-level GIS platforms, geospatial applications development, integrated geospatial solutions, and how they relate to commercial markets.
- A strategic thinker with a keen ability to make recommendations to move the business forward.
- Ability to adapt to new technology trends and translate them into solutions that address client needs
- Demonstrated experience with strong partnerships and advocacy with clients
- Excellent presentation, whiteboarding, and negotiation skills including good listening, probing, and qualification abilities
- Demonstrated understanding and mitigation of competitive threats
- Ability to manage and prioritize activities
- Highly motivated team player with a mature, positive attitude and passion to meet the challenges and opportunities of a business
- Ability to frequently travel domestically (and possibly internationally)
- Experience managing large projects and/or initiatives
- Demonstrated experience with leading high-level/executive engagements