GeoSearch, Inc. is actively seeking a dynamic, entrepreneurial-focused business leader specializing in USGS, NOAA, and other civil US government agencies. Geospatial government contracting with extensive experience in business development, capture management, building customer relationships and delivering robust pipeline growth. As the Director of Business Development and Capture, this person will execute business development efforts and play a major role in the Client leadership team with focus on developing new cross-company growth opportunities. The position will report to the CEO.
· Identify large opportunities that leverage Client capabilities as well as develop and lead cross-functional collaborative teams to pursue these opportunities.
· Serve as hands-on capture management and/or proposal manager on qualified strategic opportunities, including win strategy development, capture planning and execution, managing capture and project planning.
· Lead growth activities, including opportunity identification, business development, capture management, proposal development and pipeline growth.
· Build vision/expertise to identifying strategic growth areas and developing implementation roadmaps to penetrate new markets and customers.
· Work with broader Client Executive Team to ensure strategic alignment with growth of current products and solutions while focusing on new growth areas.
· Foster strategic growth through strategic positioning, opportunity pipeline/business development and customer relations.
· Participate in strategic planning, deal desk reviews and associated reporting.
· Monitor significant events within the opportunity pipeline/industry/competitors/partners, establish, and institutionalize the business acquisition process utilizing SalesForce.com.
· Respond to customer request for proposals information and the creation of white papers, investigate/forecast future opportunities.
· Develop and conduct customer engagement strategy, face to face meetings, and attend industry events and trade shows. Develop key industry partnerships to pursue growth opportunities.
· B.S. in Engineering or related field
· 10+ years proven success in developing and capturing large DOD, IC and Geospatial opportunities
· Experience in customer analysis, win strategy development, and conducting project team reviews
· Experience in competitive analysis and price-to-win analysis
· Experience building and leading cross-functional capture teams
· Ability to travel as required, up to 25% per month.
· Management of a pipeline of opportunities
· Active TS/SCI Security Clearance
· M.S. or M.B.A
· Formal capture manager training and certification
· International capture experience
· Mentor and develop junior capture managers
· Experience and domain knowledge in several of the following areas:
· Earth Observation, RF, and Radar Spectrum Sensors
· Cyber, Electronic Warfare, and PNT
· CBRNe Detection and Warning Systems
· Avionics Software Development and Test for DOD Applications
· Geospatial Systems
· Aerospace Systems
· Range and Space System Support
· C4ISR and Satellite Control
· Human-Machine Interface systems and software development