Our client is looking to hire a Bridge Inspection Team Leader in Colorado Springs, CO. The selected candidate will lead bridge inspection teams on the inspections of bridges and ancillary structures in Colorado. The company currently holds several multi-year inspection contracts which will be the initial responsibility of the lead inspector. This position requires substantial bridge inspection experience, leadership abilities, marketing experience, and the appetite to grow a bridge inspection team.
- Bridge Inspection Team Leader for bridges and ancillary structures
- Preparation of engineering and technical documents related to inspection activities
- Performing inspections of structures in varying environments including but not limited to confined spaces, work at height, embankment climbing, the use of ladders and work adjacent to traffic
- Training and leading engineers and technicians on bridge inspections
- Conducts themselves professionally both in the field and in the office.
- Involvement in pursuing bridge inspection and structural design opportunities.
- Structural design of bridges, walls, etc.
- Construction inspection of structural projects
- Current training completed in the following FHW/NHI Courses: Safety Inspection of In-Service Bridges; Fracture Critical Inspection Techniques for Steel Bridges; Bridge Inspection Refresher Training.
- 5+ years of experience plus the bridge inspector certification
- Experience as a Team Leader on DOT Bridge Inspection Contracts
- B.S. in Civil Engineering and Colorado PE License is desired for this position
- Willingness to travel out of town, overnight, and out of state as projects require
- Ability to work outside, on foot, for long periods in varying conditions
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite
- Great communication and organizational skills
- Valid U.S. driver’s license
Note: 25% office, 75% field – remote work.