Our client is seeking an Associate Account Manager, preferably in the Western United States, to work remotely. As a member of the Business Development Team, you will work collaboratively to develop business for non-defense, Federal government agencies, academic institutions, non-government organizations (NGOs), and Tribal organizations with an emphasis on natural resource management. Under the guidance of senior account managers, you will be responsible for supporting the development and execution of strategies that meet business development objectives, including a focus on existing and burgeoning geospatial programs and associated contracting mechanisms/vehicles. When executing these strategies, you will utilize your professional network and experience to work with existing clients and to identify new clients, in securing new geospatial business opportunities.
- Support the identification, tracking, and pursuit of business opportunities that lead to bookings and increased sales, within the Federal Practice Area.
- Conduct research into subject areas of interest related to natural resources and business prospects as directed by senior account managers, through internet research, client interviews, and other research mechanisms
- Support business development activities including, but not limited to, representing the company in client meetings, trade shows, and conferences, and fostering the development of long-term relationships with new and sustained clients, as well as partner companies.
- Build and sustain positive and effective working relationships with co-workers and clients during all phases of project lifecycles to ensure contracts are executed in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws, client requirements, and sound business judgment.
- Support proposal development by contributing to technical writing/editing as necessary, and by analyzing RFP/RFI requirements to ensure submittal of responses are both compliant and timely.
- Promote and ensure client satisfaction on all assigned sales accounts.
- Communicate and coordinate on a continuous basis with supervisor, Federal Business Development team members, project managers, and operations staff.
- Prepare various contract documents and agreements, as necessary.
- Support development and maintenance of a healthy pipeline of opportunities for business growth.
- Understand the key business drivers within assigned client organizations and identify key business stakeholders.
- Understand client budgeting and acquisition processes.
- Support the successful execution of the account management process including account prioritization, account resourcing, and account planning.
- Support the leadership of Capture Teams consisting of pre-sales engineering, estimating, proposals, technical, and other cross-company resources to define and execute an account strategy.
- Demonstrate ability and willingness to take direction and responsibility for assignments, to be resourceful, and to take initiative to resolve issues.
- College degree (bachelors or masters) in technical field.
- 2 - 5 years of professional experience.
- Experience with the research and documentation of geospatial data or technology solutions to clients, specifically with U.S. Federal/Civil agencies.
- Highly motivated team player with a mature, positive attitude and passion to meet the challenges and opportunities of a business.
- Good understanding of remote sensing data acquisition technologies, enterprise-level GIS platforms, geospatial applications development, and integrated geospatial solutions.
- Strong written communication skills and experience writing/compiling technical proposals.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and ability to manage and prioritize activities.
- Self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Ability and interest to travel domestically (and possibly internationally).
- U.S. citizen.
- Scientific background with a degree in a geospatial field (e.g., remote sensing, GIS, photogrammetry, etc.), natural resources, business administration, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Master’s degree in a geospatial field (e.g., remote sensing, GIS, photogrammetry, etc.), natural resources, business administration, or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Technical experience working with remotely sensed data (e.g., optical imagery, lidar, hyperspectral, thermal, sonar; radar, etc.) and/or enterprise-level GIS
- Good knowledge of spatial analysis and problem-solving.
- Results-oriented; ability to write and craft smart, attainable, realistic, time-driven goals with clear lead indicators.
- Ability to work in ArcGIS, Excel, and MS Office programs
- 2-5 years of direct experience in the geospatial or natural resource field.