We are currently seeking an Aerial Mapping Project Manager to work in the Tampa, FL office location. Our client is seeking an individual who is passionate about the geospatial profession, has a strong technical ability, and has a strong desire to work with clients to build unique solutions.
On any given day, you’ll:
- Independently seek and develop new leads and opportunities as well as support ongoing business development efforts.
- Develop scopes, fee estimates, and proposals.
- Work closely with technical supervisors to identify appropriate technology and methodology for unique projects.
- Be responsible for project documentation, progress reporting, accounting, and client management.
- Interact with staff from other professional disciplines within the company.
- Review and interpret project reports generated by information management software and participate regularly in progress discussions with the management team.
- Travel to conferences and client meetings to develop relationships and propose projects.
- A bachelor’s degree in geography, GIS, remote sensing, land surveying, or other related disciplines.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience.
- Strong written and oral communication and organizational skills will be essential, as the successful applicant will frequently interact with a wide range of public and private clients.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Business development, professional networking, and public speaking experience.
- Involvement in geospatial-related professional associations.
- Experience with the acquisition or application of geospatial data (aerial imagery, lidar, UAS, etc.).
- Background in common GIS and CAD-based software platforms.
- Familiarity with geospatial market sectors (state and local government, transportation, energy, telecom, environmental, civil engineering, etc.).
- Leadership experience, including leading small groups to successful project outcomes.
- Professional certification in the geospatial industry or related discipline (CP, GISP, etc.) is a plus.