We are currently seeking an Aerial Mapping Project Manager to work in the Fort Collins, CO office location. Our client is seeking an individual who is passionate about the geospatial profession, has a strong technical ability, and has a strong desire to work with clients to build unique solutions.
On any given day, you’ll:
- Independently seek and develop new leads and opportunities as well as support ongoing business development efforts.
- Develop scopes, fee estimates, and proposals.
- Work closely with technical supervisors to identify appropriate technology and methodology for unique projects.
- Be responsible for project documentation, progress reporting, accounting, and client management.
- Interact with staff from other professional disciplines within the company.
- Review and interpret project reports generated by information management software and participate regularly in progress discussions with the management team.
- Travel to conferences and client meetings to develop relationships and propose projects.
- A bachelor’s degree in geography, GIS, remote sensing, land surveying, or other related disciplines.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience.
- Strong written and oral communication and organizational skills will be essential, as the successful applicant will frequently interact with a wide range of public and private clients.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Business development, professional networking, and public speaking experience.
- Involvement in geospatial-related professional associations.
- Experience with the acquisition or application of geospatial data (aerial imagery, lidar, UAS, etc.).
- Background in common GIS and CAD-based software platforms.
- Familiarity with geospatial market sectors (state and local government, transportation, energy, telecom, environmental, civil engineering, etc.).
- Leadership experience, including leading small groups to successful project outcomes.
- Professional certification in the geospatial industry or related discipline (CP, GISP, etc.) is a plus.