Description: Geospatial Software Sales (SaaS) Account Manager
We are the industry leader in Remote Sensing and Geospatial solutions. We provide value-based solutions to Private clients and Government customers across the country and are currently looking for an Account Manager who is passionate about Geospatial Software Sales. As a member of the Geospatial Sales team, you will work collaboratively to develop new business and sell SaaS subscriptions to our Geospatial Data Management and Visualization software INSITE. You will interact directly with clients who have a need to organize, manage, analyze, visualize, and operationalize large amounts of geospatial data including lidar, imagery, and other remote sensing modalities. As part of the account team, you will be responsible for the development and of building and closing new pipeline opportunities with new clients.
· Generate leads through targeted outreach and prospecting into companies that we do not currently do business with.
· Make initial contact with prospects resulting in qualified meetings to uncover business challenges.
· Partner with Marketing to launch Geospatial SaaS subscription lead-generation campaigns, then serve as the initial point of contact for incoming leads from those campaigns.
· Clearly articulate the strength and value proposition of our company.
· Develop and maintain a healthy pipeline of opportunities for business growth.
· Demonstrate a thoughtful understanding of insightful industry knowledge about how geospatial data management and remote sensing solutions apply to market trends.
· Understand the client’s budgeting and procurement processes.
· Participate in trade shows, workshops, and seminars (as required)
· Be resourceful and take initiative to resolve issues
· Maintain leads and opportunities in CRM (Salesforce)
· Collaborate with product teams to provide market and customer feedback to drive product development and roadmap planning.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Experience with Geospatial and Remote Sensing technologies, preferably Lidar and Imagery.
· Experience working with UAV Service Providers and Data Acquisition vendors.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent customer service and organizational skills
· Demonstrated experience as a collaborative partner to Sales, Product, and Engineering teams.
· Tech-savvy, you like technology and understand the cloud, SaaS, and security.
· Minimum three years of experience in a sales or customer-facing role selling software products, preferably SaaS
· Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, engineering, or a geospatial field (e.g., remote sensing, GIS, photogrammetry, etc.)
· Three or more years of experience providing geospatial data or technology solutions to clients or other types of geospatial or remote sensing sales to Commercial and/or Government sectors.
· Understanding of remote sensing data acquisition technologies, enterprise-level GIS platforms, geospatial applications development, and integrated geospatial solutions.
· Excellent presentation, whiteboarding, and negotiation skills including good listening, probing, and qualification abilities.
· Ability to manage and prioritize activities
· Highly motivated team player with a mature, positive attitude and passion to meet the challenges and opportunities of a business
· Ability to frequently travel domestically (and possibly internationally)
· Demonstrated understanding and mitigation of competitive threats
· Experience managing multiple projects and/or initiatives
· Experience selling SaaS solutions to Utilities or through their service provider channels.
· Experience working with asset/vegetation management systems or operations is a plus.