East View Geospatial (EVG) sells professionally sourced and customized maps, charts, and geospatial data from global sources in all categories: topographic, 3D, DEM, GIS, vector, nautical, aeronautical, geological, scientific, and imagery. Our in-house cartographic production team builds products to exacting standards and creates its own series using a variety of authoritative data to combine and fit any demand. See https://geospatial.com/ for details.
The Customer Service Specialist-Geospatial Ops will work in a team environment providing basic customer service functions and executing tasks essential to the daily operations of the Geospatial company. The position is responsible for a variety of support functions, with the primary focus on order entry, invoicing, purchase orders, and management of customer inquiries. This person must be a self-starter who is detail-oriented, with proven communication skills and the ability to organize and prioritize the workload, ensuring deadlines are met. This entry-level position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, the potential for career growth, and access to a company vacation home in Canmore, Canada.
- Work daily in NetSuite (ERP) and other systems to complete tasks.
- Create Sales Orders for digital map products
- Create Purchase Orders to support map acquisition and procurement
- Communicate and work closely with accounting handling vouchers for payment
- Set up delivery for all digital orders, including web access
- Set up customized web packages and services
- Prepare purchase orders, invoices, receipts, returns, and credits
- Answer or direct incoming customer inquiries (Triage), order status and resolve customer issues.
- Navigate our East View proprietary GIS database to find maps, field customer inquiries; and ideally, convert to customer orders.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of map products, including the ability to articulate information to customers.
- Any other tasks assigned by Department Manager
- Bachelor’s degree - preferably in Business, Geography, or a related field – desired but not required
- Experience in customer service, sales, or accounting roles
- Understanding and familiarity with NetSuite
- Fundamental knowledge and skills in Geography, maps, and geospatial data
- Experience using an ERP and knowledge of creating purchase orders. (College courses can supplement working experience).
- Strong attention to detail when completing Purchase Orders
- Diligent and focused on completing daily routine tasks
- Excellent listening, written and phone communication skills
- Curiosity and ability to quickly learn new products and discuss effectively with customers
- Desire and drive to learn new skills related to the role including computer hardware, software, and extensions.
- Team player who is collaborative and flexible.
- Foreign language skills (Russian, Chinese, or Spanish) a plus
- This is an onsite position located in Hopkins, MN near Hopkins Crossroads/Hwy 394
- Some remote work days are possible but this position cannot be fully remote as we handle physical products.
*Applicants MUST apply directly East View's website