The Southeast Regional Marketing Director works closely with office/regional leaders as a key contributor to major initiatives who can coordinate the needs of our southeast regional offices and provide support effectively by prioritizing and managing workflow throughout the southeast marketing team to execute deliverables. This high-visibility role requires a dynamic and energetic marketing leader who is comfortable providing hands-on management and mentoring of the continually growing southeast regional marketing team in the timely and successful execution of strategies and help raise prominence in the region.
- Have demonstrated experience creating and organizing content for proposals, statements of qualifications, letters of intent, prequalification documents, and various marketing communications materials.
- Partner with and directly support both the Southeast Regional Officer and the President of our subsidiary company in the execution of Market and Client Focus Team strategies. Offer opinion and assignment of appropriate marketing staff to resource the teams.
- Manage the southeast region’s proposal life-cycle process by leading the marketing team with tracking publicly noticed RFPs/RFQs/RFIs, developing the Go/No-Go decision process, customizing win themes, and producing winning deliverables that highlight our differentiators.
- Work with southeast management and key staff, identifying strategic areas of focus regarding growth opportunities.
- Work to continually improve and enhance regional proposals and marketing deliverables.
- Ensure that marketing and BD best practices are implemented in the regional marketing organization, and train southeast marketing staff on processes, best practices, and other topics.
- Participate in strategy and business development meetings.
- Maintain an understanding of each market and client team’s role in achieving the Region’s business plan.
- Facilitate proposal strategy and capture planning discussions. Guides teams – both technical and marketing personnel – in formulating key messages, including value proposition, differentiators, and win themes. Ensures incorporation of differentiating content to create client-focused proposals.
- 8-10 years of proposal, writing, or marketing experience in AEC, including direct staff management.
- BS in Marketing, Communications, English, or like degree.
- Strong understanding of the AEC industry.
- Skilled writer, editor, and communicator with strong attention to detail.
- Experience serving as a mentor to junior staff. Demonstrated experience successfully directing and managing a minimum size team of 3 to 5.
- Ability to serve as an active strategist, marketing thought leader, and collaborative partner with technical staff.
- Works effectively and independently in a high-pressure team environment to manage multiple tasks in parallel. Ability to quickly adapt to and communicate changes in program schedules and priorities.
- Demonstrates initiative, self-motivation, and self-discipline.
- Project management capabilities to meet milestones on time and within budget, including resource allocation/management.
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Well-versed with social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Ability to travel among southeast regional offices when necessary
- Maintain a valid driver's license with a clean motor vehicle report (MVR) for final consideration
- Read, write, and understand plans and directions given in the English language
- Basic computer skills with the ability to create and edit Microsoft Word and Excel documents, create Outlook emails, and utilize SharePoint and Microsoft Teams to communicate with other team members