As the 3D Solution Specialist, you will manage and oversee the onsite scanning processes of client buildings, ensuring the project scope, budget, timelines, and overall business & client goals are met.
- Reviews and manages the Project Scope to ensure the what and why are met, as well as billable hours, budgets, and other client goals are achieved.
- Prepares travel and assets for the trip based on the project scope and arrives early to ensure a successful event at the client's location.
- Arranges meetings and meets with clients to get an overview of the building(s) and to review the project for clear expectations on both sides
- Documents and maintains good notes on the project to track a successful process and clearly communicates back to the team as needed to ensure clarity, excellence, and redirection on tasks that need to be completed.
- Manages and documents the pictures/video scans of the building(s) based on the scope of the project and follows up on the process with the onsite team to ensure the work is done well.
- Reviews the recordings in-process and ensures the team is recording, saving, and downloading the picture/video scans accurately for the office team to start the next steps.
- Manages the day-to-day questions/comments from the customer and provides feedback on the job to provide excellence in customer service.
- Reviews the post-processing and labeling of the data to ensure the entire process is done well and in line with client/business objectives.
- Monitors and manages the project work to ensure it is staying on track and within budget; provide feedback to the team when necessary on corrective actions.
- Trains and mentors employees on the different processes, procedures, and different techniques used on projects to successfully meet client and business goals.
- Reviews process and presents ideas and data to drive technology changes and purchases that will lead to increased efficiency.
- Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Geography Environmental Technology, Mechanical Engineering or similar field; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Experience: 3+ years of 3D laser scanning preferred; will consider someone who has done technically driven land surveying.
- Functional Skills: Solid technology skills with experience or education in 3D scanning; enjoys being mobile and moving from job to job; Strengths in planning, organizing, analyzing, and managing multiple priorities, workflows, thoroughness, attention to details, and follow-through; able to create and follow a defined plan; makes suggestions where they see areas to enhance.
- Technology Aptitude/Skills: Solid Microsoft skillsets; familiar with FARO Scene and LEICA; Cyclone tools would be a plus; Autodesk recap knowledge is also helpful.
- Language Skills: Solid verbal and basic written communication skills to work with the team and clients.
- Leadership/Behaviors: Customer-focused; professional, responsible, mature, polite, and kind; can work independently, with teams, and lead at the client sites and business locations; high attention to quality and safety.
- Culture Match Behaviors: Accountable, collaborative, humble to learn and grow, high integrity and attention to detail, and can understand and work well with others; entrepreneurial mindset who can plan, prioritize the work in the best way possible, and execute thoroughly; reliable, flexible, and adaptable to ensure successful outcomes.