Survey Project Manager
We are in search of a dynamic Survey Project Manager who is deeply passionate about the survey profession, possesses robust technical skills, and demonstrates leadership prowess in acquiring new and recurrent projects. As a vital member of our land survey team, you will be empowered to lead and contribute to diverse survey functions, fostering a collaborative team environment while advancing your career.
Your success in this role hinges on your adeptness at managing multiple priorities, representing the company with professionalism through effective communication and relationship-building, and providing mentorship to nurture staff development. Adaptability is key, given the variable nature of job responsibilities, which may involve overtime and occasional out-of-town travel.
On a typical day, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing scopes, cost estimates, and proposals.
- Networking and cultivating relationships with clients and industry peers.
- Collaborating directly with internal and external clients.
- Offering support to survey technicians throughout project phases.
- Conducting QA/QC on survey projects.
- Adhering to OSHA and required safety practices.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Land Surveying or a related field.
- Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) in Wisconsin or the ability to obtain licensure within 6 months.
- Proficiency in embracing new geospatial technologies.
- 3-5 years of project management experience.
- 5-10 years of diverse field/office experience in survey, covering topographic surveys, construction staking, boundary surveys, right-of-way plats, and control surveys.
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D, Trimble Business Center, and Microsoft Office.
- Physical ability to traverse uneven terrain and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Proven ability to monitor project budgets, lead project teams, and meet client expectations regarding schedule and scope.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to thrive in team environments.
- Familiarity with WisDOT practices and requirements.
- Capability to take direction from various individuals, coupled with strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Eagerness and capability to become a licensed PLS in multiple states outside of Wisconsin.
- Proficiency in conducting effective client presentations.