Land Surveyor / Survey Technician
GeoSearch has an excellent opportunity for an entry-level survey technician close to the Triad/Piedmont area of North Carolina. Our client is an employee-owned company committed to their employees. They strive to help their employees develop long and fulfilling careers. They offer many opportunities to enhance your existing skills, develop new ones, and expand your industry knowledge and accreditations.
This opportunity offers competitive compensation to a qualified candidate with limited experience to develop into a crew chief role – and with a marquee project in the Triad, our ideal candidate will jump in and grow with the project.
On any given day you’ll:
- Perform a variety of field/office survey and mapping tasks.
- Use survey field equipment such as GPS/GNSS, robotic total stations, and Microstation/Civil 3D CADD platforms.
- Assist and communicate with crew chiefs, technicians, and project managers in support of their duties and professional land surveyors in preparing land surveying documents.
- Adhere to OSHA and required safety practices.
- Overtime and occasional out-of-town and overnight travel are anticipated.
- A two-year degree in land surveying or civil engineering technology.
- One to two years of relevant work experience.
- Technically sound in the use of survey equipment and software.
- Physical ability to walk over uneven terrain and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Self-starter who can work independently and who can adapt to working in a team setting.
- A four-year degree in land surveying
- 1 or more years of relevant experience within the following surveying services:
- Design surveys, including transportation, utility, municipal, and site development.
- Geospatial control and lidar QA/QC.
- Construction layout for transportation, utility, building, and municipal projects.
- Land surveys, including ALTA and right-of-way plats.
- NCDOT surveying procedures.
- Experience with Trimble survey equipment and software.
- Experience with Civil3D/AutoCAD and Microstation.
- Ability to keep thorough notes and perform necessary survey calculations.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and project managers.