Sr. GIS Consultant - Enterprise GIS Services
We are seeking a Geospatial Analyst (GIS Analyst) with extensive practical expertise with the Esri ArcGIS technology stack, with emphasis on the server side, ArcGIS Enterprise, including ArcSDE on SQL Server, web-based and mobile applications, as well as high-quality data development and management.
You will significantly contribute to architecting and building enterprise-level Geospatial Information Systems (GIS), sophisticated geodatabases, nimble web services, and beautiful web-based and mobile applications. You will change the way our clients do business, mainly through organization-wide integration of GIS with a wide variety of business-specific information systems.
- Engage directly with clients to gather relevant information, understand client’s business issues and challenges, establish functional and data requirements, and identify opportunities for improvement,
- Apply systems thinking to streamline processes and systems components for creative and superior outcomes;
- Write business analysis diagram workflows, and write business analysis collaterals, solution documentation and proposals;
- Acquire, handles, and maintains datasets from multiple sources and themes, and ensure their quality over time;
- Develop, implement and administer ArcGIS Server/Enterprise with various extensions, including the Portal for ArcGIS, and a range of client applications such as Operations Dashboard, Maps for Office, ArcGIS for AutoCAD, Collector for ArcGIS, etc.;
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain enterprise geodatabases, mainly with Microsoft SQL Server backing, and thoroughly document geodatabase architecture;
- Develop custom applications for desktop and web platforms;
- Perform complex data analysis using ArcGIS, relational databases, and other computer software to solve spatial and relational problems;
- Provide training, mentoring, and task assignments to other staff, including analysts, technicians, and interns;
- Review technical work of other staff, including consultants, contracting agencies, and other organizations;
- Assist in scoping GIS projects and participate in proposal development, respond to public inquiries, develop materials for meetings and presentations;
- Communicate complex technical issues to non-technical GIS users, serve as a technical representative on committees, and provide expertise to Company’s staff, clients and the public at large;
- Interfaces with software/infrastructure vendors and consultants to stay atop of latest technology advances and implementation/development best practices;
- Positively respond to other assignments and opportunities, as needed.
- Minimum 7 (seven) years of demonstrated relevant expertise with Esri ArcGIS Platform, including ArcGIS for Desktop, ArcGIS Enterprise, and their respective extensions, GeoEvent, Operations Dashboard, Insights, ArcGIS Online (AGOL), Field Maps and Story Maps;
- Practical Python programming experience, especially for ArcGIS applications in a professional environment;
- Experience working with geographic data sources from local, county, state, or federal agencies;
- Proficiency in spatial and relational data analysis, data management, modeling, statistics, and remote sensing;
- Advanced geodatabase management skills, particularly with Microsoft SQL Server;
- Application design and development skills, web authoring, and GIS scripting;
- Experience with spatial and tabular data collection, organization, management, and processing;
- Excellent command of the English language with superior writing skills, especially in the GIS, BIM, AEC and AR fields;
- Willingness and ability to understand, simplify and streamline complex information systems, especially from the user’s perspective, and effective in sharing and aligning with others, regardless of their background;
- Demonstrated experience in project management principles and practices;
- Open-minded, intellectually curious, collaborative, observant, thinker, tinkerer, empiricist, lifelong learner, self-motivated;
- Self-starter and self-directed, productivity-oriented, finds satisfaction in getting things done;
- Determination to stay focused and committed in seeing issues through to positive resolution;
- Willingness to learn new skills as needed;
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Earth sciences, computer science, or closely related.
- GISP certification;
- Master's degree or equivalent in GIS or related field.
- Autodesk product line, especially AutoCAD 3D and Revit;
- Geospatial ETL, particularly Safe Software FME Desktop/Server/Cloud;
- Familiarity with cloud-based GIS architecture, administration, and best practices;
- Enterprise GIS for utility networks (water, sewer, storm drain, gas, and electric);
- Pattern recognition, machine learning, particularly DL (deep learning) and Clustering;
- Development of native iOS apps;
- GNSS and LiDAR field data collection and processing.
The salary range for this position is $90,000 - $130,000 per year, based on expertise. The role is eligible for remote work, with the potential for some travel required (as needed).