Solutions Engineer (Cleared Professional)
Our client is seeking an experienced Solutions Engineer to provide support and expertise to their enterprise GIS program. This role requires strong technical advisory and leadership in direct support of their DoD customer with current subject matter expertise in geospatial technology, primarily the full Esri stack, ArcGIS Platform, and an understanding with graph DB technology.
The successful candidate will be able to serve as a trusted advisor and advocate to the customer and stakeholders across the program and provide support and advice on GIS strategies, architectures, best practices, product evaluation, and planning. They will perform software coding, scripting and create documentation for designing and implementing data conversion procedures and performing software and database quality control, ensuring the stability, integrity, and efficiency of operating systems. This role will be both advisory and technical hands on with requirements to help design, administer and maintain the ArcGIS Platform across the enterprise.
This role will be on-site and in direct support of the customer at a government facility in Fayetteville, NC.
Candidates must have active DoD Top Secret w/ SCI Clearance. Up to 20% travel required.
- Enterprise GIS (Esri) design, development, and implementation support / solution engineering
- Apply subject matter expertise, best practices, and standard operating procedures for DoD Enterprise GIS (eGIS) environments
- Conduct reviews and assessments, while also documenting recommendations, strategies, and architectures to enhance the support of an eGIS program
- Demonstrate comprehensive experience and understanding of geospatial integration within IT, including aspects of cloud technology, web services, databases, and security protocols
- Demonstrate experience and understanding of data standards and management at an enterprise level
- Engage and communicate with stakeholders, various organizations, and direct customers through meetings, briefings, and presentations
- Collaborate with corporate technical leadership, management, and SMEs to deliver optimal, up-to-date technical support and best practice recommendations to customers
- The national security focus of the program requires the candidate to hold TS/SCI clearance and U.S. Citizenship
- Bachelor’s or master’s in geography, computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, or a related field, depending on position level
- Proven expertise with ArcGIS Enterprise, Portal for ArcGIS, and ArcGIS Pro
- Deep understanding of link analysis, including proficiency in mapping entities and deciphering complex relationships
- Strong thought leadership to help conceptualize novel solutions
- Demonstrated experience working with various database constructs (RDBMS, graph)
- 5+ years’ experience in designing, implementing, and administering Esri ArcGIS Platform
- Experience with IGI&S, SDSFIE, Real Property and geospatial support for U.S. Military Installations and Ranges
- 2+ years GIS implementation and project management experience
- Understanding of database technologies, including NoSQL databases and graph database management systems like Neo4j is a highly desirable
- Ability to use query languages such as SQL or open
- Cypher is a strong plus