GeoSearch is looking for a Senior Cartographer to join our client's geospatial solutions team!
We are looking for an applicant that shall produce and develop cartographic maps and displays for USFS projects (e.g., product requirement, maps, graphics, display, web map services) and coordinate with team members of various GIS specialist roles, project managers, and other USFS customers. The Senior Cartographer shall ensure file naming conventions and file storage rules are followed for USFS enterprise data centers. The position shall prepare scientific reports, technical reports, or presentation materials.
*Contingent upon contract being awarded*
The ideal candidate will reside in Salt Lake City, UT but remote U.S. candidates will be considered as well.
- Professional experience in the use of the ESRI ArcGIS Desktop Suite or ArcGIS Pro and all associated data types (vector, raster), and working with multiple imagery types.
- Professional experience using the Adobe Suite or other graphic design software applied to cartography.
- Experience or college education directly related to forestry and/or natural resources.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree related to geography, GIS, cartography, or physical/biological/environmental discipline. The degree includes emphasis or coursework in geospatial disciplines such as map production and design.
- Seven (7) years professional experience with creating custom hardcopy and digital cartographic products that includes thematic mapping.