Mid-Level Geospatial Analyst / LiDAR Technician
Applicants Must Be US Citizens
We are a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide.
We are seeking an experienced Geospatial/Remote Sensing Analyst for a unique opportunity to work embedded directly at a client office in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- Data extraction/compilation, interpretation of multiple sensor input data (lidar and imagery based)
- Create a variety of digital mapping/remotely sensed products using various software platforms
- Create and disseminate production workflow documents
- Create and manipulate databases
- Elevation, Feature, and other specific data Processing and Manipulation
- Task Management
- Problem resolution
- Report writing
- Creating Scripts/Models/Macros in multiple sensor platforms;
- Training, Quality control and providing feedback.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Geography, GIS, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in the GIS/Remote Sensing Field with focus on lidar acquisition.
- Required experience in multi-sensor acquisition, processing, manipulation, and production.
- In-depth knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS and ArcGIS Pro.
- Proficiency in other remote sensing applications (TerraScan, RiPROCESS, PosPac, Inertial Explorer, GlobalMapper, Hexagon GeoMedia).
- Strong verbal, organizational and written communication skills.
- Quality Assurance, documentation and providing feedback.
- Working knowledge of Lidar sensor operation, classification and Ortho production workflow, and production of DEMs, image mosaics, planimetric features, CAD deliverables.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Specific experience with Riegl and Teledyne Optech Sensors
- Experience in topo-bathymetric lidar
- Experience in airborne mission flight planning.
- Proficiency in viewing lidar datasets in software such as Microstation (Terrasolid), Geocue LP360, or ESRI Arcmap
- Experience in other airborne sensors (imagery, hyperspectral, radar\InSAR\IFSAR, gravimetric\magnetic)
- Experience in processing acquired lidar data in sensor vendor software (Riegl RiProcess, Optech LMS, Leica Cloudpro\HxMap,)
- Experience with processing aircraft trajectories using Applanix Pospac or Novatel Inertial Explorer
Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record and ability to pass a driving record background check.