Senior Topobathymetric Lidar Specialist
We are a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide.
We are currently seeking a Senior Topobathymetric Lidar Specialist in our Tampa, FL, office.
We have a unique and exciting opportunity for an experienced geospatial/remote sensing professional looking to step up into an advanced technology leadership role. You will be responsible for the continued development and process improvements surrounding the creation of bathymetric data from various sources including airborne topobathymetric lidar sensors, satellite derived bathymetric data, and crewed or uncrewed surface vehicles. Position requires experience in topo-bathymetric lidar, geomatics, GIS, and remote sensing. Preferred experience in survey technology including lidar and photogrammetry. Experience in acoustic sonar technologies is also a plus.
This is an excellent career opportunity for an individual to join a team of professionals while working in a multidisciplinary consulting and engineering firm. The firm succeeds through the individual and collaborative skills of its people therefore we offer opportunities for professional growth while working with and applying the latest technology. Typical responsibilities are to work on the GIS/IT and Remote Sensing related projects for state and federal clients across the US.
- Support the development of new data acquisition and processing procedures and methods
- Support development of machine learning tools and practices to advance data processing and analytics
- Support our topo-bathymetric lidar program
- Review best practices to drive more automation, gain efficiencies, and improve quality
- Assist in proposal development, and participate and present at relevant client meetings, conferences to drive our geospatial business and product efficiency
- Create and maintain professional relationships with key clients to maintain clear understanding of client needs and expectations
- May serve as project/program manager for certain clients/pursuits
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Geography, GIS, Engineering, Oceanography, or related field
- Working knowledge of lidar classification and DEM creation
- Working knowledge of topobathy lidar sensors
- Proficiency in basic computer applications, especially MS Office (Word, Excel, and Access)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Beneficial Skills & Experience
- Master’s degree in Geography, GIS, or related field. PhD is preferred
- Engineering background and\or understanding of lidar sensor design, troubleshooting, or repairs
- Experience in other airborne sensors (imagery, hyperspectral, radar\InSAR\IFSAR, gravimetric\magnetic)
- Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) with remote sensing experience
- Specific experience working with Riegl topobathymetric sensors and Otech CZMIL topobathymetric sensors
- Working knowledge of Teledyne CARIS software suite
- Working knowledge or Riegl RiAquire, RiProcess, and RiHydro
- Experience working with NOAA’s Coastal Mapping program
- Ability to analyze bathymetric lidar waveforms
- Understanding the physics of the interaction of light and water