Senior Geospatial Analyst
We are a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide.
We are currently seeking a Senior Geospatial Analyst in our Tampa, FL, Charlotte, NC, or Fairfax, VA offices.
Remote positions will be considered dependent on experience.
This is an excellent career opportunity for an individual to join a team of professionals while working in a multidisciplinary consulting and engineering firm. The firm succeeds through the individual and collaborative skills of its people therefore we offer opportunities for professional growth while working with and applying the latest technology. Typical responsibilities are to work on the GIS/IT and Remote Sensing related projects for state and federal clients across the US. Overall responsibility includes working on a team performing automated processing of point cloud data. Additional responsibilities include creating and reviewing script/macro development, training, production, QC, and process improvement (innovation) for the Product Line.
- Working with the initial processing and data classification of multiple topographic and bathymetric lidar projects.
- Creating Scripts/Models/Macros for multiple sensor platforms
- Work with the Product Line Lead to assist in the execution of projects, on time and within budget.
- Data Management and Handling: Planning and monitoring production data, management needs and working with IT and Operations to ensure adequate resources are available; Ensuring data management protocols are met including the use of proper files and formats as well as file locations, storage, and backups.
- Perform work that appropriately follows all quality control steps and practices are implemented throughout processes to ensure deliverables meet client specifications.
- Provide feedback and support for developing and/or updating SOPs as necessary.
- Works with production staff to support process improvements; working with other Technology/Process Improvement teams to review best practices to enhance product line, gain efficiencies, and improve quality.
- Support improvements to automation of the production and QC process through providing technical guidance and ideas
- Task Management; Problem resolution; Report writing; Collaboration
- Quality Assurance, documentation and providing feedback.
- Required experience in multi-sensor processing, manipulation, and production.
- An understanding of GIS and Lidar data and concepts including a strong knowledge of various raster and vector data types, coordinate systems, projections, and datums
- Understanding of Lidar production workflow and being able to explain the conceptual basis of Lidar acquisition, processing, and deliverable creation
- The ability to analyze point clouds and various geospatial data layers derived from point cloud data.
- Working experience with Terrasolid Products and MicroStation
- In-depth knowledge of ESRI’s products including ArcGIS 10x, ArcPro.
- Proficiency in basic computer applications, especially MS Office (Word, Excel, and Access).
- Ability to handle multiple priorities under tight schedules as required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience mentoring, training junior geospatial staff.
Required Skills & Experience
- Formal Education in a Surveying/Geomatics/GIS or related field desired
- Hands on experience in the GIS/Remote Sensing Field with a focus on point cloud classification working with Lidar and producing other Elevation data sources.
- Industry certifications in Lidar or other Remote Sensing technologies a plus
- LASTools, LP360, Global Mapper, QGIS experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of Python and/or other programming languages a plus.
- GDAL Tools, and command line applications highly desirable
- ArcGIS Data Review and Production Editing experience a plus.
- US Citizen