Survey Manager/Practice Leader
Our client is seeking a Practice Leader for our land survey division based in our Nashville office. This position is responsible for leading and growing the survey division across our three offices in Nashville, Murfreesboro, and Chattanooga.
This position requires the management of a 40-person survey group. Candidates will be required to work out of the Nashville office within three months of hire if not already living in the area.
The Survey Practice Leader should have a strong background in conventional land surveying as well as BIM, geospatial, LiDAR, unmanned aircraft systems, and photogrammetry surveying methods.
· Lead and manage the survey department throughout the company
· Evaluate market surveying practices and technologies for both public and private clients
· Communicate and manage external clients
· Assist in business development needs
· Oversee firm commitment to QA/QC
· Identify other potential markets and growth opportunities to help the firm achieve strategic objectives
· Additional related duties as needed
· Bachelor’s or Associate degree
· 10+ years of experience in surveying with 5 years of experience leading and managing survey personnel
· Professional Land Surveyor license in Tennessee, or ability to achieve
· Familiarity with the latest technology and subsequent emerging practices
· Experience in conventional and advanced surveying tools and techniques
· 100% covered health, dental and vision insurance, group term life insurance, identity theft protection, long-term and short-term disability coverage, telemedicine, and long-term care insurance
· Generous PTO, paid holidays, and three additional paid days between Christmas and New Year’s Day
· Profit sharing
· 401(k) contribution
· Compensatory time paid out as PTO or additional pay if over 40 hours worked in a week
· Flexible work environment
· Focus on work-life balance