Geospatial Pursuit Manager
We are a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide.
This position can be based out of one of our Virginia, Maryland, Florida, or North Carolina offices.
We are seeking a geospatial business Pursuit Manager who can develop compelling geospatial content to support pursuit captures, proposals, events, and initiatives for our geospatial department. The geospatial department supports our geospatial, lidar, remote sensing, mapping, and GIS technology solutions nationally within federal, state, local, and commercial markets. The successful candidate will work with Client and Project Managers to understand client’s project pursuit goals and preferences, manage sub-contractor teaming agreements, coordinate with proposal teams to help develop compelling themes and outlines to meet the requirements, and lead the technical approach and solution writing.
The ideal candidate is a dedicated, market-focused professional who understands deadline-driven work and works well within a team environment. You will be required to work on multiple assignments in tandem, with overlapping schedules, holding ultimate responsibility for the technical messaging and quality. Experience in strategic pursuits, geospatial solutions, and related A&E practices is strongly desired.
- Work in tandem with Business Unit Managers, Market Segment Leaders, Client and Project Managers, and subject matter experts to understand the client’s perspective and business drivers, develop pursuit win strategies, craft sales messages, lead pursuit teams, oversee and develop proposal responses.
- Manage multiple proposal efforts and teams simultaneously within diverse markets (federal, state, local, commercial) and service offerings with a focus on Geospatial Technology.
- Manage, develop, and maintain capture plans and client action plans.
- Support GTS in market research, competitor analysis, and client intelligence.
- Comply with our corporate brand standards to present a consistent appearance/style for presentation graphics, proposals, resumes, and collateral materials.
- Write supporting sales materials including project descriptions, resumes, service group overviews, and executive summaries, etc.
- Support messaging and communications related to conferences, events, blogs, and social media.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- 3+ years’ geospatial experience with broad domain knowledge in geospatial, lidar, remote sensing, mapping, and GIS solutions and technology.
- Experience writing effective and compelling technical approaches and solutions in support of geospatial proposals.
- Effective proposal support skills including strong attention to detail, planning, organization, synthesizing technical solutions into writing, problem identification and resolution, and resource management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and prior experience leading multi-disciplinary teams and working collaboratively.
- Must be flexible, self-motivated, able to prioritize multiple tasks, coordinate shifting priorities, respond to short-term deadlines, and carry a diverse workload with tight timelines.
- Must be available to work overtime as necessary to meet business requirements.
- Must be willing to travel to other office locations for meetings as needed (anticipated once or twice a year).