Marketing Pursuit / Proposal Manager (Hybrid)
We are a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide.
This position can be based out of one of our Virginia, Maryland, Florida, or North Carolina offices.
We are seeking a Marketing Pursuit/Proposal Manager to support our geospatial department, which includes our geospatial, lidar, remote sensing, mapping, and GIS technology solutions nationally within federal, state, local, and commercial markets. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of proposals and statements of qualifications. Responsibilities will include organizing and overseeing proposal process including managing quality control of the work of technical, proposal, and graphics staff assigned to pursuits from our company and partner firms to deliver compliant and compelling submittals.
The ideal candidate is a dedicated, market-focused professional who understands deadline-driven work and works well within a team environment. You will be required to delegate work on multiple assignments in tandem, with overlapping schedules, holding ultimate responsibility for execution. Experience in strategic pursuits, geospatial solutions, or related A&E practices is desired, but not required.
- Work in tandem with Business Unit Managers, Market Segment Leaders, Project Managers, and subject matter experts to manage business development pipeline, initiate go/no-go opportunities, develop pursuit win strategies, craft sales messages, assemble pursuit teams, manage the proposal process, and develop proposal responses.
- Manage multiple proposal efforts and teams simultaneously within diverse markets and service offerings with a focus on Geospatial Technology.
- Manage, develop, and maintain capture plans for critical pursuits.
- Manage, develop, and maintain client action plans for high priority clients.
- Support GTS Business Unit in market research, competitor analysis, and client intelligence.
- Comply with our corporate brand standards to present a consistent appearance/style for presentation graphics, proposals, resumes, and collateral materials.
- Write supporting sales materials including project descriptions, resumes, service group overviews, and executive summaries, etc.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- 5+ years’ experience personally producing proposals and managing proposal efforts.
- Effective proposal management skills including strong attention to detail, planning, organization, synthesizing technical solutions into writing, problem identification and resolution, and resource management skills.
- Strong project management and organizational experience, including delegation skills.
- Knowledge and experience in writing proposals focused on geospatial technologies, including mapping, remote sensing (lidar, photogrammetry) and GIS is preferred.
- Must have Adobe InDesign, MS Word, and PowerPoint experience. Other graphics software and CRM database experience is also desired.
- Strong interpersonal skills and prior experience leading multi-disciplinary teams and working collaboratively.
- Must be flexible, self-motivated, able to prioritize multiple tasks, coordinate shifting priorities, respond to short-term deadlines, and carry a diverse workload with tight timelines.
- Must be available to work overtime as necessary to meet business requirements.
- Must be willing to travel to other office locations for meetings as needed. (Anticipated once or twice a year)