Survey Project Manager
As a Professional Surveyor (PS) for our client's Fishers or Indianapolis office, you will have the opportunity to help grow our expanding civil engineering and survey practice. You will be responsible for technical and supervisory work coordinating survey crews and office staff engaged in multi-disciplinary structured organization which includes design, control, ALTA/ACSM Land Title, boundary, construction surveying, automated mapping or preparing maps and associated legal descriptions. You will coordinate numerous survey or mapping projects and perform technical calculations and field re-design to maintain designated project time frames. You’ll supervise and coordinate all phases of land survey and will be responsible for work results and progress of assigned survey parties. You’ll train personnel and review survey procedures, check technical aspects of land survey procedures, and ensure crews are functioning at a high-performance level. You’ll prepare and verify accuracy of legal descriptions, maps and aerial photographs and perform survey calculations as required for subdivisions, establishment of roadway alignments, survey closures and geodetic ties. You’ll direct the activities of GPS work which includes geodetic and topographical surveying.
Relocation and Sign On bonuses may be available.
- 5+ years of professional surveying experience
- Professional Land Surveyor registration (PLS) or ability to obtain licensure with having S.I.T.
- Knowledge of technological advances, principles, techniques and practices of land surveying
- Experience with survey project management; including preparation of proposals, tracking project budgets, and billing review
- Ability to speak and write professionally
- Ability to provide guidance and mentoring to staff in the survey practice
- Ability to assist in growth of survey practice using marketing and networking techniques