Chief Revenue Officer - Geospatial / AEC
This is a US-based, fully remote position.
Our mission is to build the future of mapping to allow better decision-making for our world and the built environment. Our AI-powered platform creates automated maps from aerial data, addressing a $100B pain point for the GIS and mapping industry. Our goal is that this technology will be the base-layer of geospatial analytics for any industry.
We have established ourselves as the leader in automated mapping and are already deployed with over 85 customers worldwide, some of which are the largest civil engineering companies. We are growing by 3x and are looking for a CRO to lead our go to market organization and initiatives as we grow and expand to multiple markets.
We are looking for a CRO to join a talented and rapidly growing Executive team. As our CRO, you will play a crucial role in enabling the definition, alignment and execution of our sales and marketing strategy. In this position you will report to the CEO and take responsibility and accountability for our sales and marketing teams. You will frequently report to the company board of directors, and collaborate with the CEO, board members and executive leaders of the company to set, adjust and execute on corporate strategy.
In this important role, the management expect a high degree of experience and autonomy, but also a team player that can comprehend how marketing, sales, finance, customer success, operations and all other functions contribute to each other to achieve corporate goals, such as ARR and revenue targets, growth margins, growth rates, LTV/CAC ratios, etc. You need to be able to translate corporate targets such as ARR into clear action and quota plans for sales teams, hire and train the staff, as well as define commissions plans with the goal to motivate reps, and also achieve favorable sales productivity targets. We are looking for an experienced leader, who can join the executive team and drive continued growth of our company.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Define corporate business targets together with CEO, executive team and board of directors.
- Translate business targets into sales plans for each market.
- Hire, fire and train organization to execute on defined plans. Achieve hiring targets of 6 weeks/ role till offer accepted after budgets approved.
- Monitor rep quotas vs. defined rep productivity targets and communicate and adjust strategy based on achievements in each market.
- Build cohesive end to end sales engine for each market including marketing (brand awareness but especially lead generation), lead qualification and subsequent conversion across the sales funnel.
- Ensure marketing conversion numbers produce a healthy weighted pipeline of 3-4x ARR targets, 6 months out, as well as 2-3 new qualified meetings/day/rep.
- Build strategy that outperforms company current sales performance metrics.
- Monitor sales performance metrics such as CAC, CAC payback period, LTV/CAC, Quota/OTE, ACV, sales cycle, etc. and adjust to optimize strategy.
- Set commissions and comp plans in alignment and approval of CEO.
- Align sales and marketing budgets with CEO and board of directors, bring a point of view subject to high level sales efficiency targets (CAC, CAC payback period, LTV/CAC, Quota/OTE, ACV, sales cycle)
- Define sales and marketing tool stack in alignment with budgets.
- Present sales and marketing strategy and results to the board of directors.
- Promote sales and marketing organization within the company, set culture and develop employees.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Sales or business degree, ideally M.S.
- Demonstrated a track record of best-in-class achievements in a competitive environment.
- 10 years’ experience at civil engineering or geospatial software company
- 3 years of CRO experience
- 3-5 years of marketing experience
- 5-10 years of sales leadership experience
- Ability to define sales roadmaps, bridge gap between company ARR targets and sales targets
- Experience with all elements of the sales and marketing software stack
- Analytical person, strong correlation with metrics
- A structured problem solver with an ability to thrive in ambiguity
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information
- Ambitious and result oriented self-starter with initiative and strong drive.
- Has a proactive approach to work and a “sense of urgency”
- Strong written communication skills, ability to distill and convey information in a compelling manner
- Detail-oriented organizational and process management skills to manage a wide range of incoming requests and responsibilities
- Ability to manage change and ambiguity with an action-orientation/drive Strong work ethic, disciplined execution skills, willingness to do whatever it takes to deliver results
- Experienced and skilled in business intelligence applications such as PowerBI, etc. and experienced in taking data-driven decisions.
- MBA at top tier institution
- Experience in the civil engineering or geospatial industry, either degree or professional experience.
- Professional athlete, military, or experience in highly competitive professional environments
- Experience with data science/ML/AI products, construction, and geospatial
- Boston based
- The position is full-time
- We operate under a hybrid work policy, with attendance in the office located in Boston, MA on Tuesday – Thursday for Boston based employees.
- Company benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K, travel and fitness benefits, office snacks and other perks
- Compensation will be comprised of base salary + bonus + equity