Ortho Imagery Data Analyst
We are seeking an Imagery Data Analyst to work on-site in Colorado Springs, CO. This candidate will be a technical expert that collects, organizes, edits, and performs image interpretation to produce finished products that meet internal and/or external client requirements. Performs QA/QC and participates in the development of QA/QC tools. Acts as a technical resource and provides assistance and training to junior technicians as needed.
Identifies need for and develops production tools for data conversion and image processing.
- Manages workflow needs and develops and maintains department schedules to meet required service levels and to meet all project schedule requirements.
- Develops and implements target GIS software platform QA/QC tools and performs QA/QC.
- Designs and provides training to more junior staff members.
- Assists the Imagery Analyst, Team lead in daily oversight of imagery team.
- Continually looks for methods to enhance production processes, lower costs and improve product delivery.
- Assists in the development or revision of standard operational and working practices.
- Reviews production reports and delivers reports to management as required.
- Provides support to Sales and Proposals staff as required for technical writing, presentations, cost estimates and project planning.
- Assures quality. Follow our Quality Management System (QMS) and provide ISO training to employees.
- Develops and maintains best industry practice and documentation of departmental processes.
- Provides support to Image Processing, AT, Ortho functions and provides support to other internal staff as needed.
Associates degree in a Geography, GIS, or related accredited educational program or equivalent work experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Experience may be substituted for the education requirement.
- 5 years experience in producing and editing ortho photos.
- Advanced technical experience of GIS, Imagery software, and ortho photo mapping required.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and maintain organization in a changing environment. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication leadership and motivational skills with a strong commitment to quality required.
Annual Salary Range - $65 to $90k