Geospatial Account Executive - Telecom
This is a US-based, fully remote position.
Our mission is to build the future of mapping to allow better decision-making for our world and the built environment. Our AI-powered platform creates automated maps from aerial data, addressing a $100B pain point for the GIS and mapping industry. Our goal is that this technology will be the base-layer of geospatial analytics for any industry.
We have established ourselves as the leader in automated mapping and are already deployed with over 85 customers worldwide, some of which are the largest civil engineering companies. We are growing by 3x and are looking for a hungry, passionate Account Executive to join us in making an impact on this world.
We are seeking an Account Executive to lead our telecommunication segment. You will be tasked with leading the effort to drive adoption and revenue creation across the Telecom market, covering SMB and Mid-Market with an opportunity to grow into an enterprise role. Our ideal candidate is someone who has successfully sold SaaS solutions into the telecom industry and is hungry for a new challenge at a young, highly disruptive start-up. Previous training in sales methodologies and tech startup experience is preferred. You will be expected to generate new opportunities and expand within existing accounts through a relationship-driven approach with high-level executives and leaders.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Achieve/ exceed quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Build and sustain a pipeline of new opportunities with companies in the telecom industry through outbound prospecting activities.
- Maintain CRM with deal information related to prospecting and opportunity activity
- Report on deal statuses in 1-on-1s with manager.
- Cultivate a book of business and foster relationships with C-Level/ VPs at large telecom firms.
- Lead new business revenue generation and identify opportunities for account expansion and upsell.
- Travel up to 50% to meet with existing clients and prospects to present our solutions at various engagements.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally to help us achieve overall company objectives and development.
- Work alongside existing sales team to share industry expertise and strategy for growth.
- Effectively utilize CRM and other internal tools to help management track and forecast revenue.
- Record and present progress through qualitative and quantitative reports to management.
- Represent our company in a professional manner at client meetings, events, and conferences (exhibit, present, etc.).
- Be an active participant at professional industry associations such as Fiber Broadband Association, SCTE, and others.
- Attend company meetings and be active in promoting company culture.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- 4+ years of software sales experience selling into Telecom or Geospatial industries.
- Experience selling to Telecom engineering companies.
- Technology background in Telecom and Geospatial so that you can comfortably communicate at a technical level with our clients.
- Previous experience with hunting new logos and cultivating existing accounts.
- Quantifiable success in exceeding sales targets quarter over quarter, year over year.
- Have completed sales training using either MEDDICC, BANT, Sandler, or other methodologies
- Salesforce CRM.
- Punctual and professional with business travel experience.
- A structured problem solver with an ability to thrive in ambiguity.
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal forms.
- Ambitious and result oriented self-starter with initiative and strong drive.
- A proactive approach to work and a “sense of urgency.”
- Detail-oriented organizational and process management skills to manage a wide range of incoming requests and responsibilities.
- Ability to manage change and ambiguity with an action-orientation/drive.
- Strong work ethic, disciplined execution skills, willingness to do whatever it takes to deliver results.
- Degrees/ certifications in photogrammetry, GIS, telecom, remote sensing, or engineering.
- Previous employment at a PropTech, ConTech, Geospatial Tech firm selling into AEC or telecom industries.
- Experience with data science/ML/AI products, Engineering, construction, Telecom outside plant projects and/or geospatial
- Full Time
- Remote, field sales
- Compensation: Base salary + commission, attractive equity package
- Comprehensive benefits (health, vision, dental, FSA, teledoc, one medical, health advocate, commuter benefits, class pass)