IT/GIS Database Administrator
We are actively seeking a highly motivated individual to join our geospatial solutions team as an IT/GIS Database Administrator!
Our team is looking for well-organized, self-directed applicants who have experience with the ArcGIS suite of desktop and server software and with developing desktop and web-based GIS applications using a variety of programming languages. You will be responsible for leading a team of technical professionals to manage large and small GIS projects. You may be called upon to assist with geospatial application design, development, and maintenance through the concept, design, and implementation phases. Your role will also include supporting other personnel in utilizing GIS applications and software as well as interfacing with clients and teaming partners.
This position is contingent upon a contract being awarded.
This candidate can work remotely but needs to be in one of the following states: California, Colorado, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, North Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Virginia, and Washington.
- Deep understanding and experience with database design, database security, database monitoring, and database tuning with one or more of the following RDBMS systems: SQL Server, Oracle RDBMS, PostGreSQL
- Serve as a technical expert for troubleshooting issues.
- Participate in the creation, revision, and execution of project plans, including identifying resource needs, performing quality reviews, and escalating functional, technical, and organizational issues where appropriate.
- Monitor and maintain the day-to-day operations.
- Special projects and continuous professional and technical development.
- Perform other duties and assist with projects as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Information Technology-related field or related work experience
- 5+ years of experience in a related field