We are seeking an experienced photogrammetrist who is looking for the next step in their career. This role will report to Photogrammetry & Aerial Services Director. Due to the coordination and management responsibilities in this position, it will be required to be on-site in Richmond, VA. Relocation expenses are available.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Nurtures company culture by keeping in high regards its values: client-focus, safety-conscious work environment, accountability, high professional standards, and error-free timely work product.
- Responsible for the successful completion of a variety of mapping, data preparation and processing projects.
- Processes data collected by field personnel including photos, ground control points, point clouds, orthophotos, surveys and CAD files.
- Assures mapping standards are met during data compilation.
- Maintains an intermediate level of understanding of the mapping process and software.
- Performs each of the mapping processes, such as Aerial triangulation, model creation, data collection, editing and orthophotography.
- Makes suggestions to improve mapping process and QA/QC standards.
- Checks mapping for completeness, content, planimetric and DTM features as well as project control and editing.
- Responsible for QA/QC at each phase of the photogrammetric process including: aerial acquisition, AT, compilation, orthophotos, editing, and final review.
- Maintains and updates photogrammetry QA/QC manual and submits new procedures to Photogrammetry/UAV Manager for approval prior to implementation.
- Completes project checklists and follows established QA/QC procedures.
- Works closely with Photogrammetry Manager and/or senior staff to fully understand project parameters.
- Completes his/her timesheet daily and submits it promptly for weekly review and approval.
- Attends meetings in and out of the office, including Safety Meetings.
- Maintains a valid driver’s license.
- Travels as needed.
- Other tasks as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Associate’s degree (Bachelor’s preferred).
- 3+ years of experience in areal mapping in Photogrammetry and aerial Lidar processing required; thorough understanding of the workflows, data types, deliverables, challenges and solutions related to the gathering and processing digital data.
- Very strong technical capacity; ability to learn and master multiple software packages, pieces of hardware and different workflows.
- Experience in 3D CAD deliverables and 3D feature extraction from point clouds, surface models and digital terrain models.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime as needed.