We are seeking a Lidar Production Manager to supervise and coordinate activities and personnel of the Lidar operations department, producing lidar data products. The position is responsible for the planning and execution of data production for multiple projects across the country. This includes managing all staff and resources while maintaining procedures and workflows to meet and/or exceed company-wide standards for quality control and production timelines. The position is also responsible for troubleshooting data and workflow problems, in coordination with international colleagues, while also contributing to new developments in workflows, software, manuals, and training. Performs production work in these areas as required.
- Prepare, manage, and update project schedule and activity tracking including project timeline estimation and task assignments
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems with datasets and workflows
- Support field operations when required to assess or diagnose potential quality concerns
- Review and revise quality control processes to meet customer expectations
- Develop standard processes and documentation required for project executions
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation of project tasks, progress, scope changes and communication internally and externally.
- Support and track change management activities in project scope
- Coordinate with business units to support key company objectives
- Optimize and prioritize resources to exceed key KPI’s for project success
- Responsible for analyzing production costs, develop cost containment methods, efficiency monitoring, and oversee the departmental budget.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment in educating and supervising staff in the lidar production processes using company resources within the framework of established company policies and procedures.
- Ensures proper usage with staff and overall administration of lidar production systems, software systems, equipment, and identifies enhancement opportunities.
- Proactively delivers a high degree of professionalism and enthusiasm to effectively mentor, motivate, and supervise staff and to maintain good working relationships with outside vendors, and external clients as appropriate.
- Manages the lidar department staff including recruiting, discipline, mentoring, training efforts and assisting with the performance and talent management process.
- Develop or revises standard operational and working practices and ensures department staff adhere to internal and external compliance and quality standards.
- Analyze and identifies new technology to enhance production processes, lower costs, improve efficiency, and improve product delivery.
- Provides information, reporting, and recommended actions to management in resolving issues, identifying enhancement opportunities, cost control, recordkeeping, and staff performance needs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge through educational workshops, professional publications, networking, and professional affiliations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Manages department production staff to include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and supervising work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and escalating complaints to management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Geography, GIS, Computer Science, or Engineering. or related field. Prefer Master’s Degree and/or CMS
- A minimum of six years’ experience in lidar calibration, lidar classification, and lidar product generation consistent with Geospatial industry and company standards (ASPRS Specifications, FEMA Specifications, and USGS Lidar Base Specifications).
- Knowledge of lidar technology, ABGNSS/IMU data and its use, lidar calibration techniques, lidar accuracy assessment and reporting.
- Familiarity of FGDC metadata standards.
- Must have the ability to supervise a group of technical non-exempt and exempt employees, maintaining a high degree of motivation and focus on department goals.
- Must be detail oriented, with the ability to multi-task and maintain organization in a changing environment.
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication leadership and motivational skills with a strong commitment to quality required.
Salary Range: $85,000 - $105,000 annual