Survey Crew Chief
This position is a permanent / full-time position with an innovative engineering and architectural consulting firm. They have an employee-focused culture and many exciting projects in multiple states. This is an opportunity for a Survey Crew Chief to work on various projects from one of their various office locations. Locations include Ohio, West Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky and Michigan!
Desired Skills and Experience
• 5+ years combined field and office experience including staff leadership and development
• Surveying and/or civil engineering undergraduate education is a plus, but not required.
• SI or PS Certification is a plus, but not required
• Experience with the placement of right of ways, boundaries, utilities, planimetric features, etc.
• Experience with ALTA/NSPS, Construction layout, boundary surveys, subdivision platting, legal description writing, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and Trimble Business Center.
• Drafting experience is a plus, but not required
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to work in a crew environment and independently
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Post-processing all static, RTK, VRS, and total station field data
• Perform QA/QC in an office environment of all fieldwork performed
• Maintain detailed reports of crew productivity
• Ability to process topographic surveys, and control surveys into usable AutoCAD Civil 3D drawings.
• Ability to coordinate and calculate field construction survey services
• Develop plats of survey, legal descriptions, and subdivision plats
• Scheduling field staff and communications with other offices
• May also perform field survey duties on occasion
• Competitive base compensation
• Health/dental/vision insurance
• Short and long-term disability insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid holidays
• Tuition reimbursement
• Company-paid time to perform community services
• Company-paid membership to professional organizations
• Professional and personal development opportunities