Survey Crew Chief
As a Survey Crew Chief in our Knoxville office, you will work both independently as well as with crew members conducting the field survey work relating to boundary surveys, ALTA/ACSM Land Title surveys, topographic surveys, photo control surveys, route surveys, and construction stakeout under the responsible charge of the Registered Professional Surveyor. You will be responsible for the efficient operation of the field crew using standard operating procedures and current health and safety standards. The daily duties include the operation of robotic total stations and GPS receivers to accurately collect relevant data and information in a concise manner as well as cut brush, drive stakes, take detailed notes and diagrams and maintain company equipment and survey vehicles.
- 5-8 years' survey crew chief experience;
- Skilled in the use of GPS devices, data collectors and/or Total Station;
- Work requires independent judgment and initiative;
- Knowledge of the principles, techniques, and practices of land surveying;
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and instruments used in computer aided drafting;
- Knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices and construction specifications, plans, and regulations related to construction;
- Knowledge of industry specific safe workplace principles and practices;
- Albility to operate motorized equipment;
- Ability to work outdoors under various field conditions;
- Valid Driver's License.