Survey Project Manager
Location : Northern, VA
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Mid Level (5-10 years)
GeoSearch, Inc. is recruiting for a licensed land surveyor to join our reputable client as a Survey Project Manager. This role will be based in the Manassas, VA area; a hybrid work schedule is available. This is a management position.
The Survey Project Manager will nurture company culture by keeping in high regard its values: client-focus, safety-conscious work environment, accountability, high professional standards, and error-free timely work product.
In this role, the Licensed Surveyor will manage projects with state, federal, and local agencies as well as private sector clients assigned to him/her.
- Develop project workflows and maintains communication with Operations regarding workflow modifications throughout the project life cycle.
- Partner with Corporate Safety Officer to ensure safety procedures are followed at project work sites.
- Assist President / CEO and Executive Assistant with work-in-progress, billings, outstanding accounts receivable and initial collection efforts for past due accounts.
- Monitor project budget, hours, and deadlines to optimize productivity within constraints of existing resources;notifies Regional Director and Operations if additional resources are needed.
- Draft proposals and associated project budgets.
- Maintain communications with clients and provides progress and status reports as necessary.
- Provids work-in-progress status reports to Regional Director and/or clients.
- Work closely with field and other technical personnel to ensure timely project delivery.
- Is accountable for following QA/QC protocol on each project to produce deliverables that are free of errors and omissions.
- Work closely with Operations to ensure availability of field crews for each project.
- Work closely with Vice President in reaching business development goals to include, but not limited to,participation in company procurement efforts.
- Perform timely annual performance reviews of staff assigned to projects in his/her chain of command.
- Seals/sign deliverables as needed, if licensed as a PE or LS where the professional has exercised direct control and personal supervision of project.
- Maintain professional licenses, memberships, and affiliations related to his/her role.
- Review weekly time sheets for project staff.
- Complete his/her timesheet daily and submits it promptly for weekly review and approval.
- Work in the field on as-needed basis and maintains a general understanding of safe traffic procedures.
- Attend meetings in and out of the office, to include Business Development, Safety, Operations, and Resources Meetings.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Travel as needed, occasionally overnight.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Licensed as a PE or LS in the state of residence preferred, but not required. Willingness to obtain licenses in
- additional states.
- 2-5 year experience in project management with multiple projects in multiple locations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, MicroStation, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and Carlson.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Superior collaboration and communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime as needed.