Geospatial Product Manager – Utilities, Public Works, AEC
This position can be either onsite or hybrid.
Who We Are:
We are a respected leader in the manufacture of land survey products. We have many repeat customers, a range of high-quality products, and an unparalleled brand in the industry.
We are reinventing our business with an entrepreneurial, start-up division of our company. Our new product is transforming utility infrastructure management by connecting the digital world of GIS with the real world of assets in the field, using RFID marking technology. Our solution drives new levels of safety, operational efficiency, transparency and traceability for many asset types and operations workflows. The RFID product approach generates specific benefits for each workflow but also scales across the entire enterprise for broad strategic advantage. With our new solution we have already won awards, secured IP, built capacity and expertise, and developed partnerships to drive the next generation of connected asset management.
We are looking for talented people to propel this vision forward.
Who You Are:
You are an experienced product manager who understands geospatial software and its ability to enhance existing products and solutions. You understand how these solutions benefit utilities, cities, AEC, and other entities in the world of infrastructure management. You have a proven track record of bringing products to market in these industries.
You have demonstrated skill in coordinating the efforts of multiple departments – marketing, engineering, operations, sales – in bringing new products to market and you have exhibited outstanding attention to detail to ensure a reliable commercial offering. You produce short and long-term financial projections and ensure delivery to those projections. You possess the communication skills necessary to motivate internal and external constituencies about the value of the offering.
The product manager will drive revenue growth with this award-winning software and hardware solution.
A Day in the Life:
- Align product introductions with the overall business strategies of the company.
- Set the product introduction schedule and coordinate department deliverables to meet that schedule.
- Develop broad industry knowledge and acquire direct market feedback to prioritize new product and feature development.
- Maintain strong relationships with key partners and vendors.
- Coordinate with production and operations to build and deliver product.
- Establish the processes and training to support sales.
- Develop pricing strategies for software and hardware.
- Produce forecasts for revenue and margin by product line.
- Represent products and solutions at industry events.
What You’ll Need:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience and a proven track record in Product Management in geospatial related solutions – ideally in utility, public works, or AEC.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Strong analytical and solution development skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- You understand GIS and Asset Management systems.
- You have built operational solutions with a strong GIS component.
- Gained the trust of your clients and partnered with them to design business processes.
- Lead design thinking workshops
- Developed business cases
- Delivered agile projects
- Developed new operating models
- Managed talent and change