Geospatial Product Manager – AEC, Municipal, Utilities
This position can be either onsite or hybrid.
Who We Are:
We are a respected leader in the manufacture of infrastructure marking products. We have many repeat customers, a range of high-quality products, and an unparalleled brand in the boundary and utility marking products world.
Today, we are extending our business by adding communication and data collecting capabilities to our traditional marking products. Our new product line adds RFID identification to our marking products and includes software that connects RFID marked assets to the world’s most popular GIS systems. The enhanced line links the physical and digital world for faster, more reliable field asset management.
We are looking for talented people to propel this vision forward.
Who You Are:
You are a skilled product manager who can prioritize customer needs, develop a roadmap to meet those needs, and manage the process to bring the products to the market. You understand how software and digital technologies advance traditional workflows and products, particularly in the infrastructure management world of utilities, municipalities, and engineering design. You have a proven track record of coordinating resources and partners to meet market entry and cost requirements.
What You Do:
The Product Manager performs a wide range of duties:
- Conduct customer interviews and market assessments to prioritize new product development and product enhancements.
- Manage pilot deployments to ensure early customer success and secure feedback.
- Translate customer feedback and business requirements into technical specifications, product build and delivery schedules, and marketing messages.
- Prioritize, plan, and design product road maps.
- Identify and allocate resources for product development and market entry.
- Prioritize product features and communicate the reason behind these features to stakeholders.
- Develop pricing and revenue models.
- Define and track success metrics.
- Communicate effectively with external stakeholders, including customer and industry groups at targeted events.
- Communicate effectively with internal stakeholders, including finance, engineering, operations, marketing, and sales, to ensure well-coordinated product delivery.
- Ensure timely completion of product without cost overruns.
What You Will Need:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience and a proven track record in Product Management.
- Experience in relevant end user industries – utilities, public works, AEC or related.
- Understanding of software development, geospatial preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Strong analytical and solution development skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of ESRI geospatial software platform.
- Understanding of asset management in utilities or public works.